Water Rats epsisode synopsis:

Water rats: Water Rats site
Mr. MEDIUM (SEASON 4)
Starts with a busy night in the Cross (Kings Cross) we follow the movements of an obvious prostitute, hanging around looking for a job, Breathe by Raelee Hill is being played.
Cut to the waters edge and someone is getting bashed badly, a little homeless lady watches from behind something. A body is then put in a boat and pushed out to sea.
Next day, The Nemesis are onto and find the dingy with the man in it, he?s alive. On land, Gavin tells Mick and Jack they got a call investigated the dingy, and the guy was just alive. The caller was female. Tayler calls them over, she has a wallet with identification in the, but no cash or cards Jack observes. Alan John Rismore. Jack leaves Mick behind to see what else shows up.
At the hospital Jack talks to the wife of the hurt man, She tells him he went out last night, he was a prison officer till he retired last year and they always got threats. She says she can give him some names. In Alan?s room Jack turns away as Alan?s wife starts to cry.
Coming up the stairs at HQ Jack says they wanted Alan dead, it wasn?t just an assault. Helen has a list of 12 names that filed complaints against Alan. Of the 12 some were alibied, some still inside and one escaped the night before last. Jeff appears to have a cold and Mick is following them into Jeff?s office. The escaped man Clive Porter who was being transferred to minimum security at Emu plains (Ironically where Catherine?s ?Doing Time? program is being filmed) Clive is a junkie and bad robber according to Helen and has a brother Doug who claims to know nothing of his where abouts. Jack asks if he escaped vowing revenge and Helen tells them he has AIDS and Jack says let?s see what Doug has to say. The caller about the bashing was a Cynthia Anne Thompson, A.K.A., Mullet, a well-known harbour eccentric, Johnson and Sykse are onto it. What about those witness reports that you promised me last week says Jeff to Jack. You get us the extra detective and we?ll do the paper work replies Jack (Clang: Dee Smart) Jeff blows his nose in reply.
At Doug?s house. A scantily dressed female opens the door before they knock. It?s the girl from the first part of the episode. Detectives she guesses, ten points says Jack and introduces himself and Mick. Can I see some I.D. she asks, legs wide open in the doorway. If you know where detectives why do you need to see I.D. asks Mick. Good one spunk rat she applies, show us your I.D. Jack pulls his I.D. and she says if you?re after Doug?s brother he?s not here, as Doug comes to the door. (You?ll remember him from the double episode in Melbourne, he played Charlie Hayse?s right hand man, who kidnapped his son - Aaron Blabbey) Doug says he hand Clive in if he was here, in fact he?d set up Clive for him. Your close replies Mick, not since he started to shoot heroin and rob banks replies Doug. He?s not good for business replies Doug, I renovate old houses for re - sale Doug tells them. Jack hands him his card, and the door shuts. Jack wants the dogs onto them. Lana (Dee Smart) looks like a working girl he says. Dougies her pimp replies Mick as Lana leaves the property and crosses the road.
The Nemesis are back talking to Mullet, who is fishing from a boat. Gavin and Tayler are there to get her to talk about the phone call. Corpse stinking up my beach she tells them.
In the interview room, Jack grabs for mullets bag, and inside amongst other things they find a hack saw, that could have been used to cut the dingy loose. She tells them she didn?t want the tide to get him, so she cut him loose. She tells them she knew nothing about a weapon used.
They let her go, and Jack gives the paper work to Sykse who humorously tries to get out of it telling Jack he?s a nice bloke. But mullet has spied Jeff Hawker, she goes after him and wants to kiss him, Jeff sheepishly tries to get out of it. She tries to tickle him. (This was one of the funniest scenes I?ve seen in the show so far) You?re a chick magnet Chief says Mick while Jack laughs. Jeff tells them the dogs are onto Doug and Lana. Then Helen comes along the corridor holding an arrest photo, the camera focuses in. That?s Lana correctly observes Mick, 4 convictions for soliciting says Helen. Any news on Doug Porter asks Jack. Nope pays all his bills on time model citizen replies Helen. Never met one replies Jack. Helen shows them Rodney Mann, he dobbed on Rismore, shared a cell with Clive and they were good mates. So he had good reason to bash Rismore or hide his mate.
Jack and Mick go and see Mann at a garage he works at, he says he?s trying to stay out of trouble. When Mick says the weapon could have come from his garage he denies it was him, he says he was home with his wife. He says he wouldn?t blame Clive, but says hasn?t seen him. Mick gets a phone call, Rismore has just woken up.
On the beach front Tayler and Gavin take Mullet back to the scene of the bashing, looking for the weapon. Tayler wants to look at Mullets things, she asks to go to the toilet first. Gavin can?t get over how much she smells.
In the hospital Jack is talking to Rismore, he can?t remember who the treat was from. He remembers Porter and says he couldn?t have bashed him Mann either.
Outside the toilets Gavin and Tayler wait, don?t think she?s given us the slip says Tayler. Go have a look says Gavin. You want me to hold her had Tayler says, well you want me to go in there says Gavin. Tayler nods. Men, woman, Tayler woman Gavin says in his be prehistoric man voice. Tayler goes in and sure enough Mullet is gone.
At the Porter house, Jack and Mick bring the warrant and Lana meets them at the door. They go inside. None the less they don?t find what they?re looking for and Lana tells Jack. ?Women?s prison, home away from men, sounds good.? They find nothing so Jack says we?ll see you later. Not if I can help it Alex replies. They leave the uniforms behind. Outside Mick says to Jack looks like you won her heart in there. Yeh I?m in love Jack replies. Mole he finishes and they get in the car.
In the car Helen radios them in the car and says the car that was reported stolen near Emu Plains correctional centre when Clive escaped, has been found near the Mann house with Clive Porters finger prints all over it. Mick and Jack go and talk to Mann. Gav and Tayler are still looking for Mullet, Gav says to Emma over the phone to say they are looking for the assault weapon. What if he asks why Mullet isn?t with you Emma asks. She didn?t out run you did she? Just tell him were looking Gavin tells her. Smart ass he says after she hangs up.
At the Mann petrol station, he does a runner as Mick and Jack drive in, they give chase.
In the interview room he says he was going to ring about the stolen car. He says Clive knocked at his door 2 nights ago. He says Clive caught AIDS from Rismore and that?s why Rismore raped Clive.
In the hospital Rismore denies raping Clive, and knows he has AIDS.
In a bushy area Gav and Tayler find Mullets things under a tree and she comes along. They find a rather large spanner. She says she cleaned it because it was covered in blood and she goes with Gav and Tayler again.
At HQ, Mick asks Helen to check the spanner for prints. You might get lucky says Helen. Jack discusses with Helen the fact of Rismores AIDS. Tells them he denied the rape accusation. Nothing new from the dogs, Lana keeps coming and going. Jack says there is nothing about the other girls that says he?s a pimp, there?s something going on. Why aren?t the dogs following her Jack asks. They don?t have the resources Helen tells him. We?re off to put some heat on Porter Jack says.
Jack and Mick barge their way in and Lana cries harassment. Jack tells Doug they know about Rismore raping Clive. Doug goes very pale and Mick continues in a taunting tone. Doug denies it. He says he got it sharing needles. Mick moves closer and Doug is getting mad. Lana pulls him back. Doug starts to throw punches when Jack says you don?t care about Clive, Alex holds him back. She screams at them to get out and Jack has one last hit at Doug on the way out. They sit in the car down from the house and Lana comes out and gets in a car. Jack wants to chase Lana/Alex, but Jeff called Mick and wants them back at HQ.
Back at HQ Jeff introduces them to a D.S. Larsson, and then a detective senior constable......call me Alex I believe we?ve met. It?s Lana. Mick and Jack are shocked to say the least.
In Jeff?s office, Mick says why did you make us get a warrant. Alex says to make me look legit. Alex tells them she has learnt Doug and Clive are close, she thinks they?re in contact, but she hasn?t heard anything. Parents are dead no formal education and by 18 Doug is dealing to support Clive. My hearts bleeding says Jack. Helen says she?s surprised he has no record. Larsson tells her, he?s no a Mr Big, and he doesn?t deal on the street corner. He?s a Mr Medium. Alex tells them. Dougs not a user, he kicked out Clive when he started, so Clive started doing bank jobs and now Doug blames himself. Alex tells Jack Dougs not all bad. Jeff tells them Jack and Mick they are to leave Doug alone for 36 hours so Alex can do her stuff till Dougs shipment comes in.
Ding round one to Alex and they aren?t happy.
?You do your bit and we?ll do ours? Jack says to her in the hallway. ?Yeh just chuck me out like rubbish? she replies. ?My pleasure? says Jack.
Downstairs Helen brushes off Tayler who wants to talk about apply for her knew job, but Helen is on surveillance. Jack pushes Alex down the stairs, get out of here I?m sick of the sight of you. Hey don?t touch what you can?t afford Alex replies. ?You want to organize someone to take Lana home what ever street corner that might be? Jack says yelling to Alex and talking to Tayler. ?Piss off? she says. ?Hands off? she says pulling herself from Tayler. ?Piss off?. ?Loves her work doesn?t she? Jack says. ?How far undercover do you reckon she had to go? Mick says. ?I don?t know, you ask her I?m not? Jack says and Alex is still screaming the house down. ?I reckon she?s doing a great job? Mick says as they watch Lana climb the stairs middle finger up. ?Let?s hope so cause it all depends on her now? Jack replies.
Larsson and Blakemore arrive at the surveillance house across from the Porter house and Alex blasts him for getting called in by the police. She tells Doug she doesn?t need the heat Clive is putting on them and she thinks it?s too risky for her to come round anymore. You givin me up Doug asks. Your not the only supplier in town Alex tells him. I don?t know. He holds her face and says your just like me, you deal and don?t use. I trust you he tells her. Eyebrows are raised in the surveillance house. Alex plays into thsi, she says she?s scared about Doug and her, she has never felt this close to anyone in a long time. She tells him he likes her. There?s no rush he tells her and kisses her.
Next morning she?s back again. Helen gives Larsson some sugar. Doug gives Lana a house key, he needs her help and some antibiotics Alex says into the wire. Looks like someone with AIDS and she starts to read the list. Helen informs Jack in the office. Jack wants to move in. Jeff tells him to back off and stay off the case. Jack tells Jeff andything that can go wrong will go wrong it?s Murphy?s law, you ask Mick he?s an Irishman.
Alex is back with the medicine and she can?t find Doug anywhere in the house. She gets out the mobile and calls Larsson, she blasts him for letting Doug slip out of their sights. Helen calls Jack and he?s mad, he?s on his way and tells Helen no one cocks up his investigation and the deals off. The dogs didn?t see anything. Alex says they better not have stuffed up her case if Dougs gone to make the drop.
Jack is on his way out with Mick and Tayler tells them Rismore died. Makes it murder and it?s our priority Mick says. Tell Larsson to get her out says Jack, don?t make a move till I organise it Jeff says.
Jack arrives at the surveillance house and Sven Larsson says he?s not getting Lana out they need more time. Jack and Sven are about to argue when Alex comes back over her wire. She heard a toilet flush, she swears it wasn?t there before. Doug gives her address to take the medicine to and goes out. Jack yells at Larsson, don?t loose him twice in one day, and he goes into the house. Helen tells him he needs to calm down.Jack barges into the house past Alex who goes off at him and says he?ll blow her inestigation. Jack wants to look at the drugs. Jack accuses her of having something to do with Porters disappearing. Porter has instructed Alex to wait 20 mins before she leaves and he is going to act as a decoy so Alex could get a free run. Which means he?ll show up at the marina destination. I?m not giving you a second chance to stuff this up on me Jack says walking out.
At the HQ plontoon Gav comments these undercover cops are getting better looking everyday. Mick is following Porter who is acting like someone who wants to get rid of a tail. They all get in the boats and speed off.
At the marina Alex waits. Larsson and Blakmre arrive. The undercover boats are moored in the marina. Alex spies Jack and Helen says I don?t know what shes worried about he?s got orders. Don?t look at me like that she says about Larssons look to the orders comment about Jack. Mick has lost Porter after he got in a cab, and Jack tells him to get down to the marina and get on Woodsie?s boat.Doug arrives in a cab and tells her he thinks he?s lost his tail. Jack calls Mick and says Doug?s arrived make sure he doesn?t see you. Climbing on board Dougs boat Alex tells him she gets sea sick, and Doug says if he leaves her here, they?ll pick her up for questioning. Larsson tells Helen it could well be the drop.
On Doug?s boat, Doug tells Alex to take the medicine downstairs and get some sea sickness tablets. Undercover boats are following. Downstairs Alex spies Clive, he?s very sick. Alex grabs a blanket and wraps herself up with it, so the wire stops transmitting. She throws him the medicine. He wants to get acquainted, but Alex tells him as a pro she has to stay healthy. Doug comes down and tells her to go on lookout for cops and he tells Clive it will all be over soon.
Up top Jack tells Larsson that Alex is deliberatly muffling her wire. Clive comes up the top. Doug tells Clive they?re going to build a house together. Doug spots the boats and tells Clive he?s going to drop him off and to go underground and then call him. Doug stops at a marina but Clive is long gone. Doug denies everything Larsson is fuming, he wants Jack?s head, he wants Jack?s stripes.
Back at HQ Larsson, Mick and Jack argue. Jeff sends them up to his office. Tayler quickly tells Helen she was having a bad day and Pol Air were advertising for observers so she applied, did she do the right thing ?Probably Helen says, we?ll talk later. Mick and Jack are still yelling.
In the office all was very quiet, why asks Helen. Rismore?s autopsy came through, he died of a herione overdose, administered through his IV drip. At the time Doug Porter was missing from his house. No alibi, missing the mans a stone cold killer and your womans out there with him Jack says.
Back at Porters house, Doug slams the front door. Give me the key he says to Alex. If I dumped you in it would I be here now, she says. I need you. Doug puts a gun to her head and says do you trust me, Alex says totally at Dougs request. It clicks, but it?s just him unhooking the cartridge. He tells her that she and him are staying together from now on. She?s not leaving his side.

Click on "back" to go to previous page