NEW KID ON THE BLOCK - season finale

The episode opens with Dave and Sykse on the Nemesis, they're looking for a boat that was sending out a distress signal, they find the boat with an arguing married couple on board.Their hands are covered in blue die, the sort banks put in thier money bags.The husband struggles with Sykse and shoots his gun into the air.
On the Nemesis Emma comes up with a bag found under the yacht, inside is loads of money.The couple start arguing again.
In the D's office, Sven tells them the drug shipment of Doug Porters is due in, in the next 24 hours and for the water police to hold off. Unless the situation changes Jack says and it has. Jeff tells them the deal is still on. Jack insinuates Alex is in bed with Porter. Helen brings in Rismores credit card with Rodney Mann's finger prints on it.
Michael interviews Mann, he admits to meeting Porter because he wanted him to kill Rismore. He met Rismore at a bar and then says Rismore left his wallet behind and Mann went thru it. Mann's alibi for the time of Rismores death is in his car on the way home.Mick tells him someone gave him a hot shot and thats how Rismore died. Mann's not confessing about the hot shot.
Walking back into the office, Sven doesn't beliee Rismore, and he agrees to get a sample of Porters stuff from Alex. Helen walks down past the office with Tayler, she brings up pol air, have you heard something Tayler asks, did I say that replies Helen. Jack asks if Johnson can pick up the gear from Alex, as long as she dresses right Sven says as he calls Alex.
Porter answers her phone and Sven poses as a regular asking for Alex. Alex tells Doug, Sven is hanging out and he gets kinda unpredictable, Porter says do it, he doesn't want anymore trouble. Sven arranges for Johnson to make the drop.Off the phone he informs Jack that Porter answers her phone. Mick says doesn't that tell you it's time to take her out. Tells me he's not letting her out of his sight Sven replies.
Porter takes Alex' phone and tells he he maybe trusts her. Helen watches from the observation house and lets Jack know Alex is on the move. Tayler is dressed lying down hiding in the back of the detectives car, dressed like Alex. We'll be in as soon as there is any trouble Jack says to her, what spoil my big moment she says. You bet replies Mick. Tayler gets out and makes her way to the meeting point, Jack and Mick observe how well Tayler scrubbed up.They spy Porter on the other side of the road. Jack radios in, asks how Porter got away from the dogs. Must have another way out Sven says.Where is it Helen questions herself.
Doug watches from across the street as Tayler tells Alex they want the sample to see if it was Doug who killed Porter. ALex says to tell them it's under control, when Tayler mentions Porter answering her phone.
Alex is back at the house, and Jack is back at the observation house, he wants to get inside the house. Porter drags Alex inside the house and asks her what she was talking to Tayler about. He gives her a bag to take to a spot. He gives her an envelope as well, Alex asks him why he is going out on a limb for Clive. Porter tells her Clive is his brother and all that he's got. Alex says she wishes someone felt that way about her.Porter says maybe someone does. Jack questions if that was a proposal or not.Sven looks worried. He gives back her mobile. Jack and Mick leave to follow Alex, and she says thru her wire if he looks like going for the stuff to count her in. Jack and Mick say if they locate Clive they will sit and wait, or it might be another decoy.
Alex takes the bag along a busy street, she confronts Jack and tells him to back off and then dumps it in a bin on a busy street. It is picked up by a scateboarded her delivers it to Clive Porter in a house around the corner.
Alex walks back to Clives house and tells someone on her phone that Jack and Mick are following her and she's not happy.
Back at HQ a meeting between, Hawker, Sven, Jack and Mick takes place. Sven tells them Alex' operation is under danger when they follow her. Co operation cuts both ways says Hawker, water police requirement is to keep Clie under surveilance. Jeff tells Jack and Mick they have Clive tonight.
At the Porter house there is a visitor, someone no one knows. But he makes Alex skwirm, his name is Freddo, and he recognises Alex, he has passports on him. Alex goes into the bathroom and speaks thru her wire. She knows Freddo, she has arrested him before, thanks for the warning.
Freddo is going and Sven says he won't get her out. He mentioned a uniform Doug says , I used to do that thing once Alex says as she knocks Doug away and turns the gun he was going for on him. She turns the music right up loud and pulls out her wire. She takes him down stairs and tells him she's a cop.So Freddo said Doug replies, busted him for DUI. Alex tells him she's been undercover for 3 months and that he's being watched across the street round the clock and everything can be heard. Alex tells him he's not stupid and he's not arresting him. Alex says she has wanted out for a while and now she's found someone she can trust, Doug tells her to cut the bullshit. She offers herself as a full time assistant.
Jeff radios Jack and tells him about the music coming thru the wire and Sven is going to pull out Alex so they can go in and arrest Porter.
Alex says she never had a tail cause the cops were scared of tipping him off. Clive is not priority, Doug and his shipment are. Alex tells him can't he see she's been protecting him.
Helen and Sven get ready to go in to the Porter house. She thinks Jack is right about he changing teams.
Alex tells Doug all about he home life and young life. She tells him she's doing it because being a cop is a crap deal for a lousy paycheck and tiny pension.Alex says she looks at Jack and sees her future and that scares her, she wants more, she thinks she deserves more. Why haven't you done it before now asks Doug, because I haven't met you Alex replies. I know you've got feelings about me and I feel the same way alex tells Doug. Together I reckon we've got a good chance and the door is going to be kicked in soon Alex tells him. Take me with you she says. You want trust she says handing the gun to Doug as he puts it at her head.
Jeff tells Jack and Mick that the drug that killed Rismore matched that of Dougs sample. The Porter house is empty, and they find the alternative exit downstairs in the garage that leads to the lane. They find the wire and Sven says he's onto her, or she told him says Mick. Sven refuses to believe that Alex has changed sides.
On the wharf Doug throws he bag off the boat they get on and tells her they're going off shore.
At Clive Porters they grab him.
On the boat, Doug questions her about her life. She tells him she was sick of lying to him, she wanted to join him. She tells him she can help him,she knows about the inestigation and she's a cop and she'll go down harder.
In the interview room Clive has no idea where his brother is. He's dying, he has nothing to loose, but says Doug wouldn't hurt a woman ever.
On the boat Alex asks if she's going out here to be killed, could have done that on dry land he says. He says this pick up will change all their lives, Alex says he has to leave Clive alone, and cops will be out looking for them now. Doug is willing to risk everything for Clive.
Clive tells them he was waiting for Doug between 11 and 12. He gets mad when he finds out the cops told Doug that Rismore gace him AIDS. He goes for Mick and collapses to the floor.
On the boat they pull along side an identical boat. They simply swap crews.
The cops head outside the heads looking for Doug.
Helen radios to say they've looked at Rushcutters bay and are now looking at Rose Bay marina. Pol air has nothing to report.
On the boat Doug goes down below to check the gear.
Jack on the police boat can't see anything.
The drugs are hidden in the floor, Doug goes up to check if the boat is on course and Alex turns on the distress beacon, like that which was on the boat at the begining of the episode.
The police boat get the call to check it out, they are the closests and they have to respond not knowing it is Alex' boat.
Alex spies the unmarked boat approaching and they figure Alex triggered the alarm to let their position be known. The plan is to wait till they dock and then hit them with force.
A second boat leave HQ with Sven, Helen and Emma on board.
Porter and Alex dock at Thompson Road marina, and backup is on the way. Sven complains that the boat Emma is driving is to slow and Mick calls for the ambulance with no sirens.
Doug and Alex go down below. Doug sets up a sample for the buyers.This one is for you Doug says. You know I don't use Alex replies, it's uncut, it will kill me. It's that or a bullet Doug offers. He almost stops and then he finds the alarm is on. Alex attacks him as the cops move in it has taken too long.Doug gives Alex the hot shot and she is out cold.
Doug is arrested on board his boat, after struggling with Gavin. Jack hangs on to Alex saying don't die on me Alex. Sven looks on in shock.
At the hospital Mick and Jack arrive with flowers and Alex and Sven are talking about the rules she broke and the fact that she's done in undercover. Homicide would be good, you could put in a word for me she tells Sven. Sven asks Jack and Mick never to come near him or his people again. Mick tells her they got the other yacht and a connection to Thailand. Jack tells her Doug Porter confessed to killing Rismore. Good result. Nic working with you they say, see you again. Sure say the Jack and Mick to her face, outside the room a huge you gotta be kidding comes out of Jack's mouth.
2 WEEKS LATER
Mick and Jack enter HQ, it's quiet, a bad sign says Jack. A small farewell is going on at the stairs, for Tayler who is off to the police airwing. Helen says goodbye. You going to gie them the bad news are you Dave says to Helen as she ushers the detectives up stairs, and shushes Dave. Mick and Jack want to know whats going on, is it about the paper work, cause it's not going to happen till we get the extra detective Jack says as they enter the office, where Alex is sitting in Goldies desk. What can we do for you they ask. Well you can help me move the desk later, I prefer the light coming in over my right shoulder. Alex is joining us as a detective Helen tells them, we usually say welcome aboard. Welcome aboard they say in unision without enthusiasm, a small thank you comes from Alex. All 3 look at each other uncomfortably and then walk off in different directions.

Click "back" to go to previous page