OBSESSION

The episode opens, iti s very dark, bush and night. A dark figure runs through water, onto a shore and into the bush. He runs out onto a road and is hit head on by a car, that makes no attempt to stop.
Early next morning the Nemesis, Tommy and Gavin, are called to a burnt out boat in a secluded boat. Insurance job, got to be Gavin says. Thats what I like about you Gaivin Tommmy replies, your all heart. Then they spie a floating body, I guess yourt wrong Tommy climbs down from the top.Tommy fishes the body from the water and Gavin has an attact of consciousness saying poor thing what a way to go.It's a young female, and she's been badly burnt, but she won't be too hard to identify, thats good says Gavin as he spies another body, burnt almost beyond recognition, cause I think her friend will be.
Back on the Water Police wharf they bring the body up on a streacher. Alex and Jack come down the runway, Gavin hands her the I.D at her request, you'd think someone saw it Jack adds, and Gavin tells him the fire people said it would only take about 5 mins to burn to sea level. The dead womans name is Leanne Gail Rogers she was 23 two weeks ago, it's a good thing she went into the drink says Jack as there's not much else of anything left. There is a throw-away camera with the body to be processed. Jack asks Mick if there is an I.D on the other body, he says the boats name is still in tack so it shouldn't be too hard to work out the owner.
Jack and Alex pull up in their new Red Magna outside a nice house. Jack tells Alex how he hates giving out death notices, it never gets any easier, the day it does is the day you give it up Alex tells him.(Is she trying to get him to quit ?) The father asks are they sure it is her, Jack tells him about the license. What happened the farther asks, Alex tells him what happens and he says the boat belonged to Ben Walker her boyfriend they were spending the weekend on it, he doesn't have an address for the boyfriend. Jack tells him there is another unidentified body and he starts to cry. A young man Josh comes into the room, and asks whats happening, he yells at the father telling him he warned him about Ben. Apparently Josh never thought any of his sisters boyfriends were good enough for her.
Mick's phone rings, Jack tells him they think the other body is Ben Walker, Mick says he knows it was on the boat rego, he is at Ben's house now. Mick come across a Shelly Andrews, her arms full of cd's and other things, about to leave, she walks off the verandah tell Mick she is Ben's ex and just picking a few final things before moving, and she doesn't know where he is at the moment.She tells Mick he was a marketing consultant that worked from home, then she clues onto the fact that something is wrong. Mick asks if he went out on his boat.
Alex is showing Jack the photos from the camera, that feature a number of items not on the boat, Jack suggest they had a camp on shore. Jack says to get the boat crew out there, Mick tells them Ben's family is in W.A and he got the name of Ben's dentist for identification.
Jeff comes up the stairs with the crime scene report, the fire was lit with the aid of an accelerant.
Back at Leanne's fathers house he is working in the garden, the tell him she was murdered and he tells them there was no one and Leannes brother watches from the window. Mr Rogers remembers and bad ex boyfriend and takes them to play the answering machine message, Josh comes into the room yelling turn it off dad, making Alex jump. He fights with his dad talling him he never wants to hear the voice again, Mr Rogers tells him to get out saying he'll explain later. It was Scott Fitzgerald on the phone he took the break up badly and had rung Friday night after Leanne and Ben had already gone. They got an address of Mr Rogers who had never heard of Scott being violent. Ex-Lover oldest motive in the book, Jack says on the way out.
Back at the HQ stairs Jack tells Jeff there was no one at home and confirms he is still the number one suspect. Alex isn't comvinced, there isn't enough evidence. Their in the office now, Jeff asks did Chopper get a match on Ben's I.D, just as Mick walks in and says well enough,why well enought Jack asks, it proved the body on the boat wasn't him Mick replies moving Ben's mug shot over under the heading of missing.
Tommy and Gavin are trying to identify the place taken in the photo's, they manage to work them out when they come across 2 teenagers recklessly driving a boat. They put their sirens on and give chase. They narrowly miss a wharf and are tossed out of the boat, when they hit the wash from the Nemesis. They tell Tommy that they didn't nick it, so it was just floating around the harbour minding it's own business waiting for you 2 idiots to get it was it ? Tommy asks.Are you going to arrest us or what? one boy asks. If only it was that easy Tommy replies. They tell him they found it in a cove back a bit. Tommy radios Helen about the possibilty of it being the one belonging to the burnt yacht. Helen gets Lance into the picture to retirieve it as all the other boats are out, who says to her is it urgent, if it isn't he's going to do a security check first, safety first he says.
Jack and Alex are in Jeff's office, Jack is starting to supect that they have Scott dea, he went on board and threw Ben over board. Jack is willing to bet money on it, and then Scott killed himself, as they walk along the corridor, Alex can't see why Ben would kill himself, maybe he couldn't get off on time. In the meal room Mick tells them Ben Walkers parents haven't heard from him and he's bringing in the ex-girlfriend, he suggests Ben might have gone underground.
Tommy and Gavin unload the boys and tie up the little boat. Tommy tells them to inform their parents as they haven't got time to come around today, how do we get home the boys ask? The ferry comes by every 30min Tommy tells them, aren't you supposed to give us a lift one asks, you've been watching too many movies Tommy replies.Gavin notices and expensive watch the boy has on, he tells them it was in the boat and Tommy makes him hand it over. Tommy makes Gavin give them some money for the ferry. Out on patrol they find a spot in the photos.
Shelly is talking to Mick she is relieved that he is still alive, she looks nervous and is smoking, she tells Mick her and Ben were together for a while and she can't just hate him, she still cares. She cotton's onto the fact that Mick thinks it might be him and promises to help if she can. On the balcony Alex asks Jack what he thinks of Shelly, not really my type Jack replies (LOL)besides that Alex adds, don't you have a sense of humour St Claire Jack replies. Haven't heard anything funny yet, Jack reaffirms his position on thinking Ben is in the bottom of the harbour.Back in the office Alex is mad that Jack is so determine it is Ben. Alex thinks it is Josh and the protective brother thing got way out of hand. Helen comes up to them. Helen tells them the boat crew have found the camp site.
The camp siteid crawling with coppers, there is Ben's wallet with about $200 in it and Alex finds things that look like Leannes.Alex states there is nothing there to tell them anymore, Jack says like I say it's Scott Fitzgerald, jealous lovers aren't the only reason Alex comes back.
Night time Alex goes to Mr Rogers house, Josh answers the door and Alex comes inside to wait for Mr Rogers.Alex looks at heaps of photos with Josh, she notices how close they were and that Josh didn't like Ben Walker, he always wanted to take Leanne away,if he knew where he'd go get her, just then Mr Rogers walks in the door, whats going on he asks. Alex explains she is here to say they found the camp, Josh hurridly packs the photos and walks out of the room.Alex says they found things but they can't have the back until after the trial, she makes her mistake there, implying they already have the killer.Alex states Josh can't accept Leanne's death, is that so unusual Mr Rogers replies. I was hoping you could give me a more specific reason, by this time Mr Rogers is a little agitated.Alex asks where Josh was last night, he was here with me Mr Rogers replies. She confesses she thinks Josh knows more that he is saying, Josh looks up from his photo's. Mr Rogers tells him he lost his wife, in a car accident and Mr Rogers was driving and Leanne became a mother figure, he has never been the same since.
The next day Helen is on front counter, her coffee falls off the front counter as Jeff, Tommy and Gavin enter, big night Helen Tommy asks. I had 45 reports to finish, a bottle of wine and I don't feel to good she tells them, you should get out more Tommy tells her. Your a great help she replies.He hands her some evidence and she prompts Donna to fix her tie. Jack confronts Alex at the bottom of the stairs asking her what she thinks she is doing, telling her his day started at 7 with a very annoyed Owen Rogers. I think there's something going on there she tells him, can you back that up or is that just female intuition? Female intuition I think there is something going on there, well why don't you put that in a report and by the way they just found Scott Fitzgeralds car Jack finishes and exits with Mick. Morning Jack Alex says and heads back up the stairs.
At Scott's car it has been there since Sunday although it is not unusual for cars to be left over the weekend, it is right near the campsite. Mick goes down to the campsite and looks around again, he spies Shelly having a good old look from the trees.
In the interview room she tells them she was looking for Ben, it was kinda a special place, she tells them she was upset when she was found because she saw the police tape and figured that was where he died. She tells Mick Leanne met Ben through her, she says she didn't think about it the first time. She tells Jack Leanne was a user and she had her boyfriend so how did you think I felt about her. She was using Ben to get at someone else, who you mick asks, no Scott Fitzgerald she replies, she wanted to get rid of him and that was her way of doing it. She tells Mick she was home on Sunday night, she tried to call Ben and get up the courage to go around to Ben's place.Out of the interview Jack tells Mick he can't tell if it was Shelly, Jeff comes up behind them and tells them Jack was right it was Scott Fitzgerald on the boat. In Helen's office Jack says to Alex what did I say I was right, Alex puts and AVO-Aprehended Violence Order under Jack's nose taken out by Scott Fitzgerald on Josh Rogers. That was 2 years ago Jack says, but you heard the way he reacted to the voice, and he never liked her boyfriends and now they're both dead, can he handle doing something like this? Jack asks. He can handle it, he just can't handle his emotions or bad things Alex tells him. Like me you mean Jack says pulling a face, moving on says Jeff, get him in, and Alex laughs a yes.
Owen Rogers comes down with Josh and he is mad, Jeff takes him aside and tries to settle him, he barges past and goes after Josh, has Josh legally been declared a juvenile Jeff asks? No Owen replies, then we have every right to talk to him Jeff wins. Owen gives him legal advice on his way back down the stairs.
In the interview room, Alex asks about the AVO, he doesn't answer at first, then grabs Alex' pen from her hand, he said he went over one night when Scott was treating her bad and he got angry, Scott pushed him and he hit Scott, Josh gets out of his chair and Jack goes over to sit him down, he says he was the only one who cared about Leanne. He says he was waiting for Leanne on the Sunday night. Going nowhere Jack says from the verandah, watching Josh and Owen leave. Doesn't mean we give up Alex says, his father has given him and alibi and is covering for him. Jack thinks that it's simply a father hurt and trying not to have his son pushed over the edge.We're not going to get any answers till we get Ben Walker dea or alive Jack says, would you accept alive and not very well Helen tells them appearing from nowhere.
At the hospital Mick tells them he was found in only tracksuit pants no I.D. hit by a car above the camp site, ching ching the opening scene. Shelly comes up behind them, she has come in to I.D. him, it is him. On the way inside the detectives talk about the plan going wrong somewhere along the line, Ben should be dead, Helen asks Alex if the watch found by Tommy is worth anything, Alex replies, whooh ask a North Shore girl, now now Helen says. Alex remembers her dad had one once, it was a couple of grands worth. Donna notifies them of a situation at Bayside Marina, a man is looking for his sister and is getting pretty heated, it's Josh. Alex handles it by herself.
Josh has a bottle and is yelling where is she, Owen arrives and tells Alex to leave. Josh tells Alex he was here Friday when Leanne cast off.Alex confronts Owen about lying to him about Josh being hme every night.Alex follows Josh into his room where he puches Alex, locks the door after pushing his father out.
On the Neme, the boys show Tommy and Gavin where they found the dinghy, they go and grab an empty plastic container they threw away.
Owen is still trying to get into Owen's room and Alex tells him to leave it. Alex asks what happened Friday night. He tells Alex he was outside in the street waiting for Leanne to get back. He denies going anywhere near Leanne, or tried to bring her back and nothing happened. She puts her arma around him as he cries. Jack arrives and initially ignores Jack's knocks, you look great Jack sees her bloody know, you know the meaning of teamwork? Spare me the lecture I have something I have to do.
Alex takes Josh to the morgue to see Leanne, he claims it's not Leanne, it used to be, she's not here anymore. Jack's mobile rings , it's Mick, Ben Walker is awake. What are you trying to achieve here Jack asks, a resolution Alex replies, she takes Josh home.
At the hospital Ben Walker tells Mick and Jack Scott turned up yelling and screaming, Mick tells him Leanne is dead, they start to fight, Leanne gives Scott 5 minutes to talk. Next Scott hears the outboard on the dinghy, they went out to the yacht to talk, they are arguing and Scott wanted them to get back together. Ben started to swim out the the yacht, the motor start and then it blew up. He swam back to shore and ran to the road to get help, but was hit by a car before he could. He claims to not know if petrol was being sprayed around. Shelly comes into the room and hugs him, Mick whispers something to Jack and Shelly suddenly looks strange.
Back at HQ Jeff hold up a picture of Ben Walker, does his version of events sound plausable, do you think he's lying? Alex is looking at the photos again, there's one of a man gripping a woman's arm, and he has the expensive watch on it.Hang on a minute Alex says and she exits the room, hey Mick do you want to go after her and find out what bee she's got in her bonnet now Jack replies. Downstairs with Helen and Donna, Alex matches the watch. Gavin tells them he found it at Whalers Bay, it's not meant for carrying petrol, but you could use it for that.
Emma is working through the bin with Gavin, you wanna help he ask, hey hey hey the suit Mick says as Emma throws a bag at him, they're looking for the container the boys found, it is likely to be crawling with the murderers prints.
At the hospital Ben tells them it is his watch and as they start to accuse him of killing Scott and Leanne he tells them the camera is HIS and the photo was taken before he even met Leanne, and he let his last girlfriend Shelly keep the watch.
In the interview room Shelly says the watch was hers, it always broke, but it was a piece of Ben, she knew Leanne and Ben were going to 'their' beach, she wanted to hurt him, but not by killing anyone, he cared about the yacht more than anyone and thats what she wanted to distroy. She tells them she got some petrol, hired a run about and went down after dark, she could see Ben and Leanne and she was so mad there was someone else in their place. She starts crying and tells how she put the petrol on the boat and started to light the match but then heard someone coming, so she took off without looking back. She thought she'd killed Ben, she was happy when he was still alive and hoped they could get back together again.
In the carpark Jack asks Alex if she's coming to the pub, she declines, Mick asks do you think Alex has a boyfriend, why you interested Jack asks Mick. No I just wondered, how am I supposed to know, I try to be friendly to her, ask her for a drink. Friendly says Mick, you've given her a hard time since she got here, she deserves it, she's a hot head Jack replies as Mick gets in his car, sounds like someone I know Mick replies, I've got nothing in common with her Jack replies, Mick has already driven off. Jack gets in his car, and so does Charlie Driscoll, bada bing, remember the one Jack nearly killed and blamed for Rachel's death ? She has a problem, the coppers want Rachel to do sometime, if you keep killing your competition Jack replies, good to see you keep up to date she replies. They've got one things on her sitting in the room at SPC (? Definition: Not sure) They got you this time Jack says, not if the evidence goes missing Charlie replies. Piss off Jack says, you tried to kill me remember Charlie reminds him, (flashback to that warehouse scene) you owe me she smarls, I owe you nothing Jack says, I'll be seeing you she replies, and gets out of the car.

Click "back" to go to previous page