Carranger vs. OHRanger plot

SPOILER ALERT! - if you haven't seen 'Carranger vs. OHRanger' yet then be warned! This is the complete plot!

The film(?) begins at the Pegasus Garage where the Carrangers are working. Kyosuke makes the observation that the Borzock may be coming soon. Meanwhile, at Baribarian, Lord Exhaus presents SS Sutatanza to Gynamo. His fuel will make cars run away from home. SS Sutatanza is unleashed on Earth, which sets off Dappu's alarms. The Carrangers 'henshin' and drive off in Pegasus Thunder and the other one (well I can't remember what it's called!) On the way, they pass Signalman who follows them. They spot the cars flying and then meet SS Sutatanza. He unleashes the Wampa on them.

Signalman remembers when he sung a song to persuade some cosmic bad boys to stop running away from home. He submits the idea to Kyosuke, who flies him up in Pegasus Thunder. Signalman sings the song, which persuades the cars to return from where they came, thus foiling SS Sutatanza, who returns to Baribarian to take a beating.

Returning a car to a customer, Kyosuke encounters what appears to be a Borzock. Nothing happens, though, when Kyosuke points his Axle Changer at it. Then two uniformed men appear and chase the creature off (stepping over Kyosuke as they do so). When Kyosuke confronts the two men, they introduce themselves as UAOH officers. The monster introduces itself as Bara-mobile, a good guy who was injured by the UAOH officers. Kyosuke realises that UAOH must therefore be evil, just as the other Carrangers arrive. The officers are then joined by three others. The leader then tells them that they are 'Cho Riki Sentai OHRanger'.

The two groups transform. OHRanger are then joined by Momo, who transforms, and the two teams start fighting. The OHRanger summon the Super Power Mobiles and combine them into OHRanger-robo. The Carrangers then summon the Ranger Vehicles and combine them into RV-robo. The two robos then start fighting, during which OHRed spots Bara-mobile running off. He goes after it, but is intercepted by RedRacer, who defends Bara-mobile. RedRacer drives the two off in Pegasus Thunder, followed by OHRed on his jetter machine, and a group of Borzock.

RedRacer enquires as to why Bara-mobile is being chased by OHRanger. Bara-mobile reveals his plan to have people marry cars so that he can make a race of car-people. Kyouke contacts Dappu, and they conclude that Bara-mobile is the true enemy. RedRacer stops the car and boots out Bara-mobile just as OHRed arrives. RedRacer admits his mistake, and then the Borzock arrive. Lord Exhaus orders them to capture Bara-mobile and OHRed. The other Carrangers arrive, and during a fight with Wampa, the Borzock make off with Bara-mobile. OHRed tries to follow on his jetter, but it takes off to Baribarian and the Carrangers are unable to stop the bike running off, as it is fueled by a better version of SS Sutatanza's run-away fuel. OHPink tells RedRacer that she will contact Miura and tell him what happened with the intention that Kyosuke will be court-martialled (the sub-titles actually read court-marshalled, but who cares!)

Miura finds the Carrangers sitting in the garage enjoying rice. He telss them that they will have to rescue OHRed, but first they will have to go through some training.

First up is the hill climb, which is extremely difficult, but Yoko makes it when she is scared by a couple of bugs.

Next up is meditation, which is where Minoru excels. Kyosuke says that this isn't fair, but Miura threatens to shoot him if he doesn't co-operate.

Miura follows this with the barbed-wire tunnel which Natsume zips through. Kyosuke complains about this, but Miura scares him on with a bigger gun.

Then Miura subjects Kyosuke and Naoki to a session standing under a freezing waterfall wearing only boxer shorts. Naoki is released from training when he tells Miura that [whatever the phrase is, I can't remember it] is love. Kyosuke complains and then legs it when he sees Miura brandishing some sort of super-gun

Finally, Kyosuke goes up against a brick wall that he has to get past if he is to succeed. He fails to climb it the first time, but with the persuasion of a few explosions set off behind him by Miura, he smashes through the wall and thus passes the training. The Carrangers are then sent off to Baribarian in the OHRanger-robo.

Meanwhile, Exhaus is dreaming about what it would be like to have the Carrangers working at the Scary Cosmic Highway. All but Kyosuke arrive in the room where Goro is held, but fall foul of a booby trap. They are bound up, but Zonnette notices the missing RedRacer. They proceed anyway with the experiment, but are interrupted when a loud howl echoes through the room, and RedRacer smashes through the wall (so that's how that comes in useful!). He frees Goro and the Carrangers. Goro transforms and they fight their way out and return to Earth in the OHRanger-robo to be greeted by the OHRangers.

Their celebrations are short-lived when SS Sutatanza and Bara-mobile arrive with an army of Wampa. Cue opening moves and Carranger-title-theme-accompanied fight. The Wampa are defeated and the rangers turn their attention to the monsters. The OHRangers call OLE Bazooka and the Carrangers call Giga Booster. They fire on the monsters but are unable to destroy them.

While the OHRangers get into OHRanger-robo, the Carrangers summon the Victory Trailer. They drive out the VRV machines and assemble VRV-robo. They start fighting just as Signalman arrives on the scene. He then calls on Sirender and converts it to warrior mode. Signalman warns the Carrangers that they should call him next time they have a big fight. Kyosuke apologises and Sirender starts fighting. Then Exhaus sends in Noshian-Zokan robot from Uchu-Land magazine (a mail-order mecha - I don't know!). The rangers fight valiantly, and then the opportunity presents itself and Signalman uses Siren Vulcan on Noshian-Zokan, the OHRangers use Crown Final Crash on Bara-mobile, and the Carrangers use the Victory Chaser on SS Sutatanza. The monsters explode, and the rangers celebrate on the beach as the end credits roll.

Finally! I never thought I'd get this finished. I keep getting technical problems thrown in my face every time I try to update this. Thanks for sticking with me through this, and thanks to Tokustasu Access and especially Gino Wong for the tape in the first place, and who I've since bought Megaranger vs. Carranger off!

Return to review page