BOLD & BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN

Clarke  Garrison (Daniel  McVicar)

Daniel McVicar joined the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful in 1987 as ambitious fashion designer Clarke Garrison, a role he played until 1992. He rejoined the series in February 1996. "Clarke Garrison is the classic heal with a heart, a cad with a conscience," jokes McVicar.
Born in Independence, Missouri, Dan grew up in Colorado in a family of 12 children. He became interested in acting while still in high school and at the age of 19 decided to try his luck in California where he enrolled at the California Institute of Arts.
To further expand his repertoire, Dan began working with the Comedy Story Improvisation Troupe. "They were tough gigs," Dan admits, "but the experience was invaluable. You learn timing, composure and self-confidence in your craft." He continued studying with Stella Adler and spent a year at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. During this time, Dan worked at odd jobs and had recurring roles on a variety of television series. "Because I was a big guy with a square jaw, they put me in uniform and had me salute. They were the lead and I was the exposition," Dan recalls.
Dan made his professional debut on The Young and the Restless, after an audition with a monologue from a Eugene O'Neill play and was immediately cast as "one of the boys in the shower." Later, his audition and performance were recalled by the casting director of The Bold and the Beautiful and Dan was called in to read.
During hiatuses from The Bold and the Beautiful, Dan played Rock Hudson in Liz - The Elizabeth Taylor Story, and starred in the films Guardian Angel, Alone in the Woods, A Woman Scorned, Night Eyes III and the comedy The Silence of the Hams. For European television, Dan appeared in the miniseries Woman on the Run, co-starring Gina Lollabrigida. Dan spent six weeks on location in St. Petersberg, speaking only Russian, to star as American astronaut Sam Straiton in Russian filmmaker Dimitrij Astrakhan's The Fourth Planet.
In his spare time, Dan enjoys golfing and jogging, and has even competed in the Los Angeles Marathon. Dan stands 6'4" and has black hair and brown eyes. He celebrates his birthday on June 17.
To find out more about Dan, check out his website.

BIO  FROM  CBS  WEBSITE