Header

One of the most popular Disney films ever, The Jungle Book is a song-filled celebration of friendship, fun set in a lush and colorful world. Inspired by Rudyard Kipling's "Mowgli" stories, Disney's 19th animated masterpiece was the last animated feature that had Walt Disney's personal touch. The jubliant adventure begins when Mowgli, a little boy raised by wolves, is urged by his friend Bagheera, a wise old panther, to seek safety in the man- village. Feeling very much at home in the jungle, Mowgli resists and runs off. Much Bagheera's dismay, Mowgli meets a new friend withBaloo a happy-go-lucky philosophy of life ~ Baloo the bear, a loveable "jungle bum". Together, the three buddies find the journey back to ilization anything but civilized! They encounter a crazy orangutan, the hypnotic and sly snake Kaa and the menacing Shere Khan!  Fully restored for this 30th anniversary edition, this enduring classic swings with jazzy, toe-tapping music including Academy Award -nominated "The Bare Necessities" and the freewheeling "I Wan'na Be Like You"! A thrilling story for all ages, The Jungle Book's timeless appeal makes it an absolute necessity for youe video collection.
* This information was taken from the back of The Jungle Book (Fully restored; Limited edition) movie case.

The Jungle Book (1967)
Based on Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book series.
Running Time: 78 minutes

**The last animated film to bear the creative stamp of
Walt Disney, who died in 1966.**

Mowgli&baby elephant Rocking Patrol Shere Khan
Bagheera elephant&Mowgli Baloo&Louie Floating

Songs:
“I Wanna Be Like You”
“Trust in Me”
“My Own Home”
“That’s What Friends Are For”
“Colonel Hathi’s March”
“The Bare Necessities”

Voices:
Baloo, the Bear:Phil Harris
Bagheera, the Panther:Sebastian Cabot
King Louie of the Apes:Louis Prima
Shere Khan, the tiger: George Sanders
Kaa, the snake: Sterling Holloway
Colonel Hathi, the elephant: J. Pat O’Malley
Mowgli, the man-cub:Bruce Reitherman
Elephants: Verna Felton, Clint Howard
Vultures: Chad Stuart, Lord Tim Hudson, J. Pat O’Malley, Digby Wolfe Wolves: John Abbott, Ben Wright
Girl: Darleen Carr

This animated adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s classic story deals with Mowgli, an Indian boy abandoned at birth, who is raised as a wolf cub, and 10 years later is returned to his people by Bagheera, the panther who protected him as a child. In his jungle setting, Mowgli makes friends with Baloo, a happy-go-lucky bear, and lives a new life in the jungle, but not without a few close encounters with King Louie, Colonel Hathi and Shere Khan.

RETURN TO: