The Latest From A&J

>

Adam's tour with Travis in SELECT magazine:

Adam arrives at another hotel with the band - "... we take a taxi to a nearby hotel where a 'day-room' has been booked for cleaning and wanking purposes."

Adam comments on the tour so far - "I only have a few days left before I have to get back to the UK and I've still not been exposed to free sex or cocaine. It's a fucking disgrace."

Adam talks of how the manager of Travis keeps encouraging them with "uplifting statistics" - "I wish someone would follow me around with cheery facts: "Someone bought a copy of The Adam & Joe Book last week! There's a shop in Birmingham that stocks a copy of your video!" Well, that would do me."

Adam joins Travis to perform their new single 'Coming Around.' Since he has "no musical skills" he gets a tambourine. "No-one seems worried that I am unable to hit in time. No-one, that is, except me." Adam goes on to say that when he arrives on the stage he is - "wearing a twitching mask of terror and am ready to get bottled off"... "'Coming Around' starts and I struggle not to cry." - Somebody comments on Adam's performance - "You looked fucking terrified up there."

Adam leaves Travis to go home - "I feel suddenly overwhelmed by saddness at leaving them all and their wonky adolecent world."

Adam remembers something important - "I've left my bag containing my passport, plane tickets and wallet on that bastard bus." - Adam gets back his passport and is - "regaled with a very long and quite catchy song about me being a horse's arse from the entire band and crew."

Adam's ends the story touchingly - "And for a good tune beautifully rendered, Travis are definetely The Men Who... Fuck me, that's a shit last sentence."

ADAM BUXTON

Adam thanks everyone at the forum for their support:

Re:SUPPORT!

posted by Adam on 14:39 8/2/2000

Hey, thanks for the support you guys. we're like a family in a way aren't we? Except for the beatings, and the screaming and the neverending pain... Seriously though, cheers, I know things could be a lot worse and I'm sorry if I was sounding sorry for myself. I mean I'm not sorry. No, sorry, I am sorry. Sorry.

Love you!

adam

Adam finds the car:

ADAM BUXTON'S CRIME WATCH UPDATE

posted by Adam on 11:35 8/2/2000

Hello, I was just wondering how Lauren Murphy knew about my camera being stolen at the Brats last week? Is she a friend of a friend, how did she know??? It's a bit weird. Anyway, yes I did get my camera stolen and no, it wasn't insured so I am gutted. On the car front, it's turned up finally in Colchester. It was a write off but I think I'm going to get it repaired because I really did love it. I do hope the rest of the year remains crime free however, I am going to be skint when the garage get through with it. So if anyone wants a ride, give me a shout before nicking it this time! Nice then. Goodbye and remember, don't have nightmares, unless you nabbed my camera that is.

love Ad

Adam looks at the forum:

HEY YOU! THE ROCKSTEADY CREW!

posted by Adam on 18:05 23/1/2000

Rainy sunday, thought I'd check in, and what do I find? Some very odd balls is what. Someone who thinks we're doing a margarine commercial (which we are certainly not) and some guy called Kool Keith who thinks people on this site are sad. Duh! What's HE doing here is what I want to know!!! It's the year 2000 now anyway, get off the sad tip, why not? I'm happy as a clam me. I think this site is good, but I don't understand why people keep starting topics about why no one is starting good topics. Call me a dipshit, but the solution seems very simple. get highborw, and talk properly about what makes your life interesting now! Otherwise, we'll make you set up a new Mel & sue site and force you to live there instead.

I love you

Adam

Adam and Joe in a flora advert? Adam's response to this accusation:

Re: Oh no Adam & Joe have sold out...in a margerine advert..i've just seen on TV!.......woe is me!!!

posted by Adam on 17:56 23/1/2000

We have done no adverts for anything, so sort it out before accusing us of selling out. Having said that, if we ever get offered anything, we'll be right in there if the price is right, but we'll be sure to let you know when we do. But Flora? Fuck that.

love ad

Adam tells us what is going down in Ad and Joe town:

HELLO FROM ADAM

posted by Adam on 00:12 19/1/2000

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know we're still alive and checking that you aren't saying too many upsetting and strange things about us, but luckily you appear to have better things to talk about.

Joe and I are hard at work on a new series due out in Autumn and we'll let you know more about it as we go along, if you're interested. Thanks to everyone who bought our book by the way. It may not have been a bestseller but we didn't disgrace ourselves in the end, so cheers.

We are also thinking of ways to update and improve the site, maybe even start a whole new one that we can keep fresh. We both feel bad that we don't keep this one better maintained and there's no new stuff on it and all, but we take so long doing the show and stuff, we never get round to it. We're on the case... We'd like to get Bowie to sort us out with a new site, but it seems unlikely.

OK then, I'd better get back to it. (Work, that is, NOT wanking.)

love Ad

Joe posted somehting slightly earlier:

JOE AT THE FORUM:

Hello from Joe

posted by Joe on 02:41 23/5/1999

Hello.

Just to say we do look at this forum all the time, we just don't post much right now because we're writing our sell-out cash-in Christmas book and our fingers are fookin tired.

Buddah bye bye bye, buddah bye bye bye...

(that's dancehall for goodbye)

Both of these messages were posted in the AJ forum

Latest

here

EVERYTHING (C) World of Wonder and Select Magazine