SO, YOU WANNA BE AN EXTRA?

Well, you are in luck, cause I'm here to help you capture your dream.

If you live in Wilmington North Carolina, or are planning to travel there, this is how you can become an extra.  The place you want to go to is ScreenGems Studios located on Smith Creek Rd. and 23rd Street.  When you arrive at ScreenGems, you can't get in the studios parking lot, only cast and crew are allowed. The little entrance on the side is where you want to enter.  There is a parking lot next to it.

All you have to do is walk inside and ask, "Do you need any extras this week?"  If the lady with curly hair (Shannon) isn't there, an intern will be happy to help you.  They will give you a card that you have to fill out.  It asks for your name, birth date, etc.  You also have to include a head shot of yourself.  A head shot is a picture of your face or head, or just a picture of you.  If you don't have a picture on you, they can take a polaroid for $2.  If they need any extras, they will tell you yes.  They will either give you the call time (when you need to be there) and wardrobe information that day or sometime before the day of filming.

You will be told where they are filming, where to park, and to bring a couple of changes of clothes.  When being an extra, you are paid $6/hr.  You usually work 12 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected].

And that, my friends, is how you go about becoming an extra.

CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE MAIN PAGE.