My Day on the Set of DAWSON's CREEK

On Monday, I went to ScreenGems Studios and asked them if they needed extras for the show.  They said, "Yes, we can use you on Wednesday."  I couldn't believe it, my dream was going to come true.  The next day (Tuesday), I received a phone call that gave me instructions on when the call was and to bring changes of clothes.

The next morning (Wednesday) at 9:45am I arrived at UNCW ready to be an extra.  When you are getting instructions on being an extra, the director of the extras first tells you not to ask any of the actors for pictures or autographs.  The extras first worked in the library with Rodney and Meredith on a scene.

After that scene was finished, the extras were allowed snack time.  While the extras were snacking, Hank, the director of the extras, was picking people for a scene with James and Rodney.  After the scene with James and Rodney was finished, everyone went out to a catering tent for lunch.  At lunch, everyone sang Happy Birthday to James because it was his birthday.  After everyone finished lunch, a friend of mine ran over and talked to James.  We all said, "Hi," and wished him a Happy Birthday.

All the extras returned to the library to film the last scene that extras were going to be in.  The last scene was with Katie and Meredith by computers.  After that scene was finished filming, the extras were told that they could all go home.

I was the last extra to leave, and on my way out I saw Hank.  I asked him if I could get a picture with him since I couldn't with any of the actors.  After we took the picture, he told me that I could get a picture with Katie since I asked nicely.  

I was taken over to her trailer and waited while she changed.  She came out of the trailer and three crew members said that someone wanted a picture.  She came over to me and we introduced ourselves, and snapped two pictures.  She was very shy.

After Katie left, I was starting to leave but Hank stopped me and asked me if I would like to watch the last scene and get a picture with Meredith after it.  I said sure and went over to watch.  While they were setting up, I talked to Rodney and asked if I could get a picture with him.  He was very polite and said sure man.

After the picture with Rodney was taken, I went over to see what they were setting up.  Adam, a crew member took me over by the camera and told me to take a seat.  I couldn't believe how much they were letting me do.

They showed me how the camera worked and snapped two pictures.  I was then told that I could get a picture with Meredith, but only after they finished the scene.  I said, "I'll wait."

After they finished the scene, Meredith was very kind, and came over to meet me.  We said hello and got a picture taken.  We then talked for about three minutes and then said our good-byes.  I said goodbye to everyone and thanked them for giving me the best day in my entire life.

CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE MAIN PAGE.