[ Exquisite Beauty of the Aten - A Beautiful Woman Comes ]

The Heiress, Great in the Palace, Fair of Face, Adorned with the Double Plumes,
Mistress of Happiness, Endowed with Favors,
at hearing whose voice the King rejoices, the Chief Wife of the King, his beloved,
the Lady of the Two Lands, Neferneferuaten-Nefertiti
May she Live forever and ever!

"She, pure of hands, great king's wife whom he loves,
Lady of the Two Lands, Nefertiti,
may she live! beloved of the great living Sun-disc who is in jubilee,
residing in the House of the Sun-disc in Southern Heliopolis

The Hereditary Princess, Great of Favor, Mistress of Happiness, Gay with the two feathers, at hearing whose voice one rejoices, Soothing the heart of the king at home, pleased at all that is said, the Great and Beloved Wife of the King,
Lady of the Two Lands, Nefernefru-aten Nefertiti, living forever.

Recently, the second half of a shawabti (the other half residing in the Brooklyn Museum]
was found belonging to Nefertiti. When restored, the inscription reads:

The Heiress, high and mighty in the palace,
One trusted of the King of Upper and Lower Egypt (Neferkheperure Waenre)|,
the Son of Re (Akhenaten)|, Great in his Lifetime,
the Chief Wife of the King (Neferneferuaten Nefertiti)|, Living forever and ever.

An inscription at the foot of the coffin from the mummy found in Tomb 55 is thought by some scholars
[who believe it to be Akhenaten's mummy]
to be either Nefertiti's or Kiya's paen to their husband. This hauntingly lovely prayer reads:

"May I breath the sweet breath that comes forth from thy mouth, may I see thy beauty daily; my prayer is that I might hear thy sweet breeze-like voice, and my limbs be rejuvenated in life through love of thee!
Mayest thou extend thine arms bearing thy spirit, that I may receive it and live by it. Mayest thou call my name for eternity, and it shall never cease from thy mouth, Oh my [ brother?], thou being [ ?cut out ] for ever and ever, living like the Sun-disc ( ?Neferkheperure Waenre )|, the King of Upper & Lower Egypt,
living in Truth, Lord of the Two Lands ( ?Akhenaten )|, thou beautiful child of the Sun-disc,
who shall be here, living, forever and ever ( ?Neferneferuaten Nefertiti )|.

KIYA

Copyright © 1998 - 2001 BOR Productions. All Rights Reserved.