By: Joela

Chapter 2

"Meowth," she hummed several times.

Jessie and James stood wide-eyed, open-mouthed for several moments. Finally Jessie got agitated with the girl. Grabbing her wrist she twisted it, causing Faye-Lynn to drop Meowth. "I demand that you put him down right away!" She hissed bitterly, in her high-pitched over powering voice.

"Ouch," Faye-Lynn said jerking her wrist out of Jessie’s grasp.

"That is my Meowth, and you can’t hold him," Jessie turned her nose up.

"Beg pardon?" Faye-Lynn asked cupping her ear as if she hadn’t heard properly, "I have a different opinion."

"Faye-Lynn," Giovanni stepped in gently, "when you left and I would not let you take Meowth, it was because I had other plans for him."

"But…but…Meowth was my first pokemon," Faye-Lynn argued near tears. Meowth starred up at Faye-Lynn for several minutes unable to speak. His bottom lip quivered, she had always been kind to him; when no one else was. Meowth remembered…

Being bought for a small price from his captor when he was just a kitten. He had been taken to a 6-year-old, broken-hearted girl, named Faye-Lynn. He was to be a pet, and he made a good one. She loved him daily, he was well fed, rubbed, and held all the time. He had undivided attention, what more could he ask for. He grew up knowing that she was going away to school, he often wondered what would happen then. Faye-Lynn had cried when Giovanni had said Meowth wasn’t allowed to go with her, for that matter he had cried too. Giovanni wouldn’t let Faye-Lynn know that he was keeping her pokemon because Meowth was the only known pokemon to talk and he could be worth something, somewhere, sometime. But Meowth knew, and he knew that she loved him more than anything.

"But Uncle G, you have a Persian…I thought I would have one too one day. That is what you told me when you brought Meowth home to me," She asked.

Jessie leaned over to James and whispered, "I can tell this girl is going to get on my nerves."

"I don’t know Jessie, I think-" James began but was interrupted by Jessie’s fury.

"It doesn’t matter what you think, I don’t like her," Jessie growled.

Faye-Lynn turned her attention to the comment Jessie had just made. "Hmmm, a battle then?" Faye-Lynn stated matter-of-factly.

Jessie’s face turned pink with anger, "Yes, I pokemon challenge it is…and I accept!"

Chapter 3

"Okay, but one agreement first," Faye-Lynn said.

"What?" Jessie demanded.

"I win, I get Meowth, no questions asked," she said.

"Fine!" Jessie hisses.

James reached over and grabbed Meowth by the scruff of his neck, "Look what you have gotten Jessie into!" James growled, shaking Meowth with all his might.

"She started it," Meowth argued.

"Put him down," Faye-Lynn demanded.

James instantly froze. He looked over to Faye-Lynn, who was currently staring at him. James squinted his eyes shut and smiled widely, with goofy laugh. He dropped Meowth, "Was I holding him? I didn’t realize this was your Meowth."

Faye-Lynn smiled at him, "it’s okay. You must work for my uncle." She extended her hand, "I’m Faye-Lynn."

James blushed, ‘damn she’s cute,’ he thought. He took her hand. "James."

"Come on!" Jessie grabbed Faye-Lynn by her collar and drug her out of Giovanni’s office. "This means war."

No one seemed to notice Giovanni following the two of them.

Once outside Jessie didn’t hesitate, "Arbok, GO!"

Faye-Lynn jumped in right away, "Go Growlithe!"

Jessie wrinkled her nose. "Arbok, wrap attack!"

Arbok coiled itself around Growlithe and began to squeeze. Growlithe managed to squeak out a pained bark. Faye-Lynn gritted her teeth. Arbok tightened up. Growlithe wiggled itself free. James stood along the side watching intently. Meowth chanted, "Come on Faye-Lynn." James looked down to Meowth, never had James seen Meowth more into something. James had a special love for Growlithes, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to see one lose; even to Jessie. Giovanni stood back with a smirk on his face, his arms folded across his chest.

"Yeah Growlithe!" Faye-Lynn screamed, "quick, your ember attack!"

Growlithe growled fiercely, and then let loose a loud bark that was accompanied by fire. Growlithe’s fire landed on Arbok’s head. It took a second for Arbok to realize what had happened. Arbok shrieked in pain. "Ruff!" Growlithe said with pride.

"Poison sting!" Jessie demanded.

Arbok attacked Growlithe with poison sting. Growlithe yipped, again, in pain, he was poisoned.

"Growlithe, bite attack!" Faye-Lynn ordered.

Growlithe latched onto Arbok’s tale. It hurt Arbok terribly. The pain was too much it passed out.

"AHHH!" Jessie screamed. "Arbok return!"

Growlithe stood tall and proud, but one more dose of the poison kicked in and he fainted too. "Growlithe return. Well, I won." She smiled.

"Oh well," Jessie said, "I am keeping Meowth."

"You can’t do that, it’s not fair."

"Who ever said I played fair?"

"And who ever said I would give Meowth up?" Giovanni stepped in, "but you have become quite the pokemon trainer. I knew that sending you away to school would do good things for you. Work for me Faye?"

"No!" She yelled, "I told you before I would never work for you while you are doing bad things with Team Rocket. I am a pokemon scholar and trainer, not a pokemon thief! I am leaving this awful place."