The Big Catch

"Roy, help me!! This thing seems huge!" Mush screeched.

Roy helped pull the rod and suddenly...

"What the!! It's only a priceless boot!" Roy laughed. "You have absolutely no fishing technique!"

Mush glared at Roy and let out a big sigh.

"I'm trying again. I want to add another water Pokemon to my collection! Possibly Squirtle would like that?" Mush questioned.

Roy shrugged.

"You have to be a good Pokemon fisher in order to be the ultimate best Pokemon trainer! Then people know that you can catch water Pokemon with ease!" Roy explained.

"Hum? I don't know, but it sounds like you're trying to insult me so subtly..." Mush replied.

Hehehe... Mush will never be able to catch a water Pokemon with her skills at such a low level of non-maturity! Roy thought to himself.

"Oh well, I'll let all my Pokemon out for a little fresh air." Mush said as she unleashed all her Pokemon from their Pokeballs.

Ratatta happily wandered around the docks. Weepinbell happily got a drink of water.

Roy and Mush sat on the docks day and night waiting for a Pokemon to catch on the bait.

"Mush, why don't we just give up, okay?? We can't just stay here forever until something catches on the bait." Roy complained. "Besides, I'm extremely hungry!"

Suddenly, a bold voice stopped the conversation. There stood a short girl with long pigtails and brown eyes.

"Who are you?" Mush asked.

"ME? I'M CELINA, THE FAMOUS POKEMON FISHER!" Celine piped. "Beside me, is my famous father, also a fisher that helped train me in becoming an awesome fisher like him!"

Brag. Mush thought and rolled her eyes.

"I've been watching you, Mush." Celina stated.

"What? How do you know my name?" Mush shrieked.

"Of couse, I've heard you won a few badges then and there... and you know..." Celina smirked.

"I DON'T LIKE THE WAY YOU'RE SMIRKING AT ME!" Mush screamed,

Celina walked up to Roy and whispered "Uh.. what's wrong with her?"

"Nothing, she's just a little crazy." Roy explained.

"Now, Mush, I came to have a little competition with you." Celina said. "A fishing one."

"A fishing one? I've been staying here for hours and still having caught any Pokemon!" Mush mumbled. "It'll be no use anyways."

"Oh well, you don't know once you try! Winner gets this badge." Celina explained, holding up a gold badge shaped in a fish. "It's not official, but this badge can raise your trainer reputation."

Oh, and how Mush wanted a better Pokemon trainer reputation!

"Okay! I'm in." Mush agreed. "Just give me a head start!"

Roy sighed and looked at Celina's father.

"This is going to take a while, sir." Roy smiled.

Celina and Mush's competition already began.

"Now, the one who fishes faster wins! And if we get a Pokemon at the same time, it's decided upon which Pokemon is more efficient." Celina explained.

Mush remained voiceless. She was way too dedicated to speak since she was in total competition.

"ZZZZZZZ!"

"Whoa!!! What was that?" Celina cried.

"Sorry, that's just Roy sleeping. I'm getting tired, we've been fishing for seven hours." Mush grumbled.

"Well, there's no use to complain because I'm going to win.. I am the best!" Celina cackled.

"THUG!!!"

Mush had a catch!

"And you were saying??" Mush smiled.

Inside, Mush was chanting to herself: Please don't be a boot! Please don't be a boot!

"Ahhh!! This is one big catch!" Mush yelled.

"I don't know if you're faking it, but you're a good actor..." Celina laughed. "Oh... that's not good... "

Suddenly, a gigantic Gyrados came sailing out of the water, it's huge eyes glaring down at Mush.

"I'm gonna catch ya!" Mush squealed excitingly as she sent out her Zubat. "Zubat, use your Super Sonic!"

The Gyrados immediately became confused.

"Now, top it off with your Bite attack!" Mush demanded.

Zubat used its Bite attack and the Gyrados flinched.

"Now, Pokeball, GOOOOO!" Mush called as she threw the Pokeball.

Obviously, the Gyrados was not weak enough and the Pokeball got called back to Mush.

"Sigh! I really do stink!" Mush cried. "Zubat return, go Squirtle. Give it your Skull Bash attack! And guess what Squirtle? Once we catch this Pokemon you can have a water-related friend!"

Squirtle immediately got bribed by Mush's flendish bribes and Squirtle gave Gyrados a strong Skull Bash.

"Now, POKEBALL GOOOOO!" Mush cried.

The Pokeball caught Gyrados in mid action and sucked it in. It twizzled right... left.... right.... it stopped. Then it moved left and right again, but in faster motion. Then... it suddenly stopped in an adrupt halt. Mush's mouth turned into a big, huge, grin.

"I GOT GYRADOS! I GOT GYRADOS! TRA LA LA LA LA!!! SQUIRTLE, GREAT JOB!!" Mush squealed as she ran over to hug Squirtle.

Get off me you freak! Squirtle yelped. (of course in Pokemon language)

Suddenly, the Pokeball which carried Gyrados disappeared! Mush shrieked in mortal horror. Then Roy came up to Mush and explained.

"Mush, once you catch more than six Pokemon, Professor Oak takes them and stores them for you. I mean, you wouldn't want to carry one hundred Pokemon if you were able to storage them?" Roy laughed.

"I guess so. " Mush sighed. "Oh, by the way! Celina, so about the badge..."

Celina and her father were gone.

"WHAT'S THIS? WHAT'S THIS? SHE JUST LEAVES WITHOUT GIVING ME THE BADGE?" Mush screamed in rage. "AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE LOSER!"

"Well, at least you got a Pokemon!" Roy smiled.

"HUH? OH! Oh, that's right!" Mush giggled delightfully. "I got a new Pokemon!"

Roy got chills down his back from the mood change of Mush.

"Now all you gotta do is, if you want to use Gyrados, just contact Professor Oak and he'll transport it to you!" Roy explained.

Mush smiled deligently. She was extremely happy.

"Now, where to?" Mush grinned.

"Well, we can go to Celedon City by going back up the docks, or take a trip to the Ghost Tower?" Roy suggested.

"Um, yes, let's head straight to Celedon City." Mush ordered.

Roy and Mush head back up the docks to head for Celedon City. What will they encounter while they head off? Read the next fanfic to find out!

Go back Go home Go to next fanfic