A Dream of a Pokemon Watcher Fulfilled
By: Meowth Girl

As a Pokemon watcher, I waited all my life to catch a rare Pokemon. Any rare Pokemon, actually. To catch the beauty and sorrow of a Molres, to elapse the coldness of an Articuno, to look into the grace of a Mew.

My Pokemon consisted of a Psyduck, Geodudce, Oddish and a Butterfree. Butterfree and I have been together for everlasting ages. He was my best friend.

I looked over to the window and peered outside. The sun locked the clouds as the rays shimmered southwards. Today was another day if luck was with me. If luck could get me some more Pokemon. I am not a trainer who goes out to battle all the gym leaders or compete and collect badges. I observe, evaluate and watch Pokemon. I'm Paul, a Pokemon watcher.

"Am I able to adjust my eyes with a very rare Pokemon?" I asked myself.

My hand reached for a pen and paper. I put on my shoes and headed outdoors to meet freedom. I accounted some Ratatta and some Pidgey. I even spotted a Vileplume. My pen sketched some pictures of some Mankey eating. My notebook did not have many rare Pokemon in it. The most rare Pokemon in the book is probably a Golbat. Will my book ever be filled with the beauties of any of the three legendary bird Pokemon? Or the psychiatic beauty of a Mewtwo? How about any of those extinct Pokemon? My mind filled with many thoughts.

"Hey, Paul, whatcha up to?" I turned around to see one of my good friends, Nick.

"Hi Nick." I smiled.

Nick suddenly seized for my notebook and I jumped to the sudden action. He suddenly roared out into hysterical laughter.

"So there's a little weird Mankey there, and a tiny useless Ratatta there..." Nick joked.

I rolled my eyes. Nick is not into Pokemon, and he's always insulting them. He even wore a t-shirt that day which revealed the words "Pokemon Trainers Waste Time." I guess Nick's lazy.

"So you told me your dream was to captivate the beauty of a rare Pokemon?" he sneared.

I nodded my head.

"HA! Good luck, so I'll see your face on 'World's Most Famous Pokemon Watcher" in oh, about, I guess one thousand years!! HA HA!" Nick roared in laugher, then he toddled away.

I sulked back. There goes my confidence. I'll show him I will be on 'World's Most Famouse Pokemon Watcher' in the next following week! I aced back home and started to do some research. So the most rare Pokemon live then and there, and that kind of stuff. I knew where I was planning to go to. The place was across the Orange Islands, to the north and into a cave. All I needed to do was rent a boat and float across, and I will be able to fulfil my dream.

I was on my way to the ultimate cave. The ultimate cave to meet my ultimate challenge. I hopped onto the little boat and sailed across the islands. Truth was, I wasn't going anywhere. My mom was grasping onto the rope where the boat was tied to.

"And where do you think your going?" she snarled.

"Mom, I need..." I started.

"You're not going anywhere! Come back to the house and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!" she screamed.

Oh please, oh please something happen that will make me able to go across the islands.... PLEASE!! I closed my eyes and then my wish suddenly happened. A big storm roared in and the tides seized the rope from my mom's grasp.

"PAUL!!!" she shrieked.

The boat sailed away, further and further, until my mom was thing little dot. I laughed, but the fact was I was in real danger. The tides were ripping at my souls and the rain was as sharp as a knife. I think my life was in ultimate risk of danger. I shouldn't have done what I've done. Bad weather, baaaaad! This time, the tide nearly flipped over the boat, and a couple of seconds later, the boat DID tip over. Fact was, I couldn't swim, so I was gasping and choking for air. My breath caught short, my eyes began to turn blurry, and my body failed and I was going to sunk to the bottom. My life was going to end. My watching days were over. I completely blanked out and my arms failed. I closed my eyes, only to feel that something was grabbing onto my collar. I couldn't catch the figure exactly, but it was glowing.

"What?" I finally managed to stutter out. I squinted my eyes and I nearly fainted. What was in front of me was a Mew.

"Mew Mew!" it peeped out.

The Mew flew me over to shore and placed me gently on the ground.

"Could.. could... could I get a sketch of you?" I choked. I took out my pencil and notebook and began to sketch.

The Mew was sitting cooperatively and gazing into my eyes. Once I was done, the Mew flew out of my view. I looked at my new sketch. The paper was kind of wet, but I still have accomplished my dream...

To meet a rare Pokemon, and that was Mew.