Pokemon FAQ

Have you ever wondered about certain Pokemon questions?? Well, here are some of the most Pokemon questions that are asked!

Question: My Pokemon won't listen to a word I say. It won't stay inside its Poke Ball, and when I ask it to battle, it takes a nap.

Answer: Pokemon want you to understand them and will disobey you if they think you don't have enough experience. Badges are a sign that you know enough and have earned your Pokemon's respect and friendship. Here's a quick rundown:

Cascade Badge: Pokemon up to level 30 will listen to you.

Rainbow Badge: Pokemon up to level 50 will listen to you.

Marsh Badge: Pokemon up to level 70 will listen to you.

Earth Badge: All Pokemon will listen to you.

How do you earn a badge? You earn a badge every time you defeat a major city's gym leader. It takes a lot of practice to do this, but the more gym leaders you and your Pokemon fight and defear, the more badges you will earn.

Question: I love my Bulbasaur! I don't want it to evolve. Does it have to?

Answer: The good news is, your Pokemon doesn't have to evolve. There are plenty of reasons to keep your Pokemon at its current level for a while-even though it has enough experience to evolve. For example, you may be concerned that your new Ivysayr won't be as close to you as your Bulbasaur was. Or as a trainer, you may not have the proper badge to make sure your higher level Pokemon will listen to you. Some Pokemon, like those that evolve using an elemental stone rather than evolving through experience, can't learn new techniques in their new state. Or they learn a totally different set of techniques than their first of second forms would. Pokemon are also easier to teach when they're younger. Like they say, you can't teach an old dog tricks. To evolve or not to evolve? It's a big question. Your best bet may be to wait until your Pokemon is well trained before you decide-or see what it thinks.

Question- OK-Ultra Balls, Safari Balls, Master Balls? I was just beginning to understand Poke Balls, and now this!

Answer: Some Pokemon, like Snorlax, or Golem, are just too strong and too experienced to be captured by an ordinary Poke Ball. As your adventure continues, you'll be able to buy Great Balls and Ultra Balls for these Pokemon. Safari Balls are used only at the Safari Zone amusement park. The Master Ball is the strongest ball for the strongest Pokemon. But there's only one Master Ball in existence, so use it wisely - like on Mewtwo, the hardest Pokemon to catch!

Question: I just captured a wild Pokemon. The problem is that I have anohter one of the same species that seems better behaved, stronger, and smarter, even though it's at the same level. What's up with that?

Answer: In general, a trained Pokemon is stronger than a wild Pokemon with the same amount of experience. You have a big influence on a Pokemon when you train it yourself. You're there to teach it other techniques, practice its battle strategies, and give it lots of love. That brings out a Pokemon's inner strength and personality, making it a healthier, stronger, happier friend. Don't worry though. With a little love and patience, your new Pokemon will soon show improvement.

Question: Where can I get Mewtwo?

Answer: You can get Mewtwo after you battle the Elite Four in the Indiglo Plateau. Go to Celedon City and where you see a cave, SURF to it. A man should be standing in front of it, and he will let you pass. In this cave, there are many wild Pokemon, such as Wigglytuff and Dodrio.

Question: I have two gameboys and 2 Pokemon games (yellow and blue) and a link and I want to trade but I get there and it always says Pokemon link is closed because of inactivity. How do I fix this or get to trade?

Answer: I am not 100 percent sure on this question. This may be because there may be a glitch in the game (I highly doubt that) or they may be something wrong with how you connected the cable. And I also highly doubt that trading from yellow-blue to blue-yellow could not be allowed. (but I'm not sure!)

Got any more questions? Please E-MAIL them to me! I will hopefully answer them.

This was tooken from the "Pokemon Handbook" written and published by Maria S. Barbo