Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon is one of the older animes in Japan, although it was very popular as well. It originally started from a Japanese comic book called "Nakayosi" and eventually became a TV show. The official site for "Nakayosi" is www.nakayosi-net.com but it's in Japanese. Okay, enough with the gabbering, now on with the plot! It starts off in the normal day of a thirteen year old teenage girl. Serena is the name, and she is awoken by the sudden outburst of her being late for school. As she dashes down to get her breakfast, and makes a breakaway, she doesn't notice that she is carefully being watched by a black cat. This black cat is on a mission to find Sailor Moon, the warrior princess in order to defeat a dark forced called the "Nega Verse." And Serena is Sailor Moon. Serena meets up with one of her best friends Molly and they decide to go to a bargain sale on jewelery. Once Serena comes home from a tough day at school (lectures, bad test mark) she collapses onto her bed, and the window bashes open. A mischievous black cat enters her room. And this black cat is the mischievous cat that has been eyeing her since Serena went to school. The black cat explains that her name is Luna and tells Serena that she is Sailor Moon. A warrior sworn to fight evil in anyway. Serena is first confused, but once Luna explains how to transform, Serena transforms into Sailor Moon. Her hair decorations (which are the red balls inside her buns) indicate that her friend is in trouble. So that is the very first story in which Sailor Moon is introduced. In the later episodes, Serena meets up with some new friends, which are also Sailor Scouts. Such as Amy, Lita, Raye and Mina. Amy:Mercury, Raye: Mars, Lita: Jupiter, Mina: Venus. These five Sailor Scouts are known as the Inner Scouts. In the Sailor Moon R series, a little kid named Reenie is introduced. Serena always seem to get mad at her since Reenie's always swarming around her boyfriend, Derian. In the Super series, some new Sailor Scouts are introduced. These are all the Sailor Moon Series... *Sailor Moon*, *Sailor Moon R*, *Sailor Moon S*, *Sailor Moon SuperS*, and *Sailor Stars.* Sailor Stars is the one where Serena transforms into "Eternal Sailor Moon" and three more Sailor Scouts are introduced.

INNER SCOUTS

Left to right: Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus

OUTER SCOUTS

From clockwise: Sailor Pluto (Meiyou Setsuna) , Uranus (Tenou Haruka), Saturn (Tomoe Hotaru) and Neptune (Kaiou Michiru)

Character Profiles

I absolutely "loved" Sailor Moon. We never got the newer episodes though, which was really sad. I always wanted to see when the outer scouts arrived! I really like Sailor Venus/Mina. She is my favorite Sailor Scout. So, thank you very much for looking at my section devoted to Sailor Moon. I'll add some more goodies later on.