09. Venus As A Boy
Hunter
Hidden Place 
12. Isobel
Possibly Maybe
Play Dead
It's In Our Hands

Review By Amazon.com
Compiled via a fan survey conducted on her Web site, Björk's Greatest Hits eschews presenting the tracks in chronological order, making for a jumbled ride through the vocalist's unique, twisted, and frequently brilliant discography. A few welcome surprises surface, including EP remixes, a rarity (the 1993 David Arnold collaboration "Play Dead"), and the previously unreleased "It's in Our Hands," a clever blip-pop number that would have fit nicely on either 1997's Homogenic or 2001's Vespertine. Starting off with a dreamy remix of "All Is Full of Love," the collection contrasts giddy dance-pop like "Hyperballad" (from the wonderful Post) with the brooding thump of "Army of Me" and Debut's "Human Behaviour," while injecting liberal doses of experimental ballads such as "Joga" and "Pagan Poetry." Some choices will grate on the nerves of purists (the sans strings mix of "Hyperballad"), and it would have been nice to hear something from Selmasongs, but with Björk's incredibly consistent discography to work from, it's impossible to screw up a retrospective compilation such as this.

Family Tree Box Set
Release Date: 4th November 2002

Tracklist:
GREATEST HITS
(as selected by Bjork):
Venus as a Boy
Hyperballad
You've Been Flirting Again
Isobel
Joga
Unravel
Bachelorette
All Is Full of Love
Scatterheart
I've Seen It All
Pagan Poetry
It's Not Up To You

ROOTS
(disc one):
Sidasta Eg
Glora
Fuglar
Ammaeli
Mamma

ROOTS
(disc two):
Immature
Cover Me
Generous Palmstroke
Joga (strings & vocals)
Mother Heroic

BEATS
The Modern Things
Karvel
I Go Humble
Nature Is Ancient

STRINGS
(disc one):
Unravel
Cover Me
Possibly Maybe
Anchor Song
Hunter

STRINGS
(disc two):
All Neon Like
I've Seen It All
Bachelorette
Play Dead

PRESS RELEASE #1 

On 4th November Björk releases a collection of songs that span her solo career to date.
Simply entitled "Björk's Greatest Hits", the album has been compiled by a unique web vote, which enabled fans to choose which tracks were their favourites and/or best reflected her career. Interestingly, her biggest hits were not necessarily amongst the most chosen tracks and thus the final track listing truly demonstrates that this album is not simply a commercial entity, but a true representation of Björk's evolution into the eclectic and pioneering artist we know today.

The 15 tracks mark Björk's progression as an artist and retrospectively reflect on a solo career that has spanned more than a decade, including the release of four solo albums, "Debut", "Post", "Homogenic" and most recently "Vespertine". Tracks include: "All Is Full Of Love", "Play Dead", "Human Behaviour" and "Venus As A Boy" amongst others.

To compliment the release of the "Greatest Hits", Björk will also release a special box set entitled "Family Tree" comprising six CDs; five 3" and one 5" of her favourite songs which in Björk's words represent "the story of how I got to where I am today and in my musical words to say how I developed as a musician".

"Family Tree", the six CD box set, will also be available from November 4th and will include tracks, some previously unreleased, taken from Björk's whole career, not just her solo career.

The "Family Tree" project will include one CD on which Björk compiles her own 12-track 'greatest hits', and a series of 3" mini-CDs divided into Roots, Beats and Strings collections.

The two mini 'Roots' discs will together comprise 10 tracks, including some Sugarcubes tracks and Glóra, a piece Björk wrote on the flute when she was 15. This CD includes tracks from Björk's career, which demonstrate where she "took the biggest leaps as a songwriter".

The 'Beats' CD, which comprises 4 tracks, displays the very first experiments in rhythm Björk did with Graham Massey and Mark Bell after leaving The Sugarcubes and gives the first hints at the importance electronica was to take in her solo work.

Last but by no means least, are two 'Strings' CD's on which Björk, for the first time, confronts and accepts the formal musical training she received as a child. These discs feature the classical arrangements of Björk's songs by the Brodsky Quartet first heard at the breathtaking shows they played together at the Union Chapel in England, in 2000.

The "Family Tree" box set will be packaged in a custom made transparent rose coloured plastic case, ingeniously configured to house the six disc set. The box will also include a 16 page lyric book, a map guiding purchasers through the "Family Tree" collection and individual packaging for each branch of the tree. This unique package, and that of the "Greatest Hits", have both been designed by the acclaimed Parisian designers 'M/M', and feature illustrations and photos by the Icelandic artist Gabriella Friðriksdóttir.

The "Family Tree" collection will be the first collection released of it's type and promises to provide the definitive insight into the many facets which make Björk the truly individual, enigmatic and experimental artist she is. This collection will provide fans and collectors alike with a fascinating insight into the many different musical paths she has taken and into the influences and inspirations that have helped make her the artist she is today.

For Björk, no "Greatest Hits" album could be released without this sort of back up and the "Family Tree" promises to fill in all the gaps that the release of a simple "Greatest Hits" CD could never provide.

The albums will be released simultaneously on Elektra Records, One Little Indian Records and Universal on November 4th and represent the career of an artist that has continuously set precedents and broken boundaries and become the musician we know today.

PRESS RELEASE #2

Bjork has unveiled the tracklist for the six-disc box set, "Family Tree," which, as previously reported, will be released November 4th via Elektra. "Family Tree" was delayed due to its elaborate packaging, which will comprise "an ingenious custom transparent rose-colored plastic case" with a 16-page lyric book and a map to guide listeners through the collection, according to the label.

The first disc features Bjork's own hand-picked favorites, ranging from the thumping electronics of "Hyperballad" to the vocal acrobatics of "Isobel" and the more plaintive strains of "Pagan Poetry" and "All Is Full of Love." Two "Roots" discs feature a range of early career material and rare items, including the B-side "Generous Palmstroke" from recording sessions for last year's "Vespertine" album.

A four-track "Beats" CD offers Bjork's first forays into unconventional rhythms following her exit from the Sugarcubes, with assistance from producers Graham Massey and Mark Bell. "The Modern Things" made it onto 1995's "Post," while "I Go Humble" was featured as a B-side on the "Isobel" single. "Karvel" and "Nature Is Ancient" are previously unreleased.

The final two discs are filled with orchestral interpretations of such Bjork songs as "Possibly Maybe," "Unravel," and "I've Seen It All" by the Brodsky Quartet, with whom she collaborated in 2000 for several concerts in London.

The fan-chosen "Greatest Hits" also arrives on November 4th, complete with the new single "It's in Our Hands." The track is due to arrive Sept. 23 at U.S. radio outlets for airplay consideration.