Pedal Powered Corsair

I found an ad in "Sport Aviation" for "Sidewalk Flyers" and decided to send for more information. They sent a brochure on the available plane kits, plans and the price list (this is where I passed out), the Corsair kit is $800.00 !!!!! After reading through the brochure again, I decided to purchase the plans for the Corsair ($25.00), they arrived in 4 weeks. Once I reviewed the plans, my brother and I did some scrounging around the house collecting the materials needed for the plane. I ended up purchasing about $80.00 worth of materials total.

I drew up the instrument panel on my CPU. I then added some extras that were not in the plans. I put a switch on the panel for wing tip lights, and then built a circuit board that makes machine gun sounds and wired this into a control stick button with a speaker mounted up under the engine area (my girls love this).

The original plans called for a special vacuum formed plastic insert for the engine, I did not order it. Instead I got a couple pieces of plywood hollowed out, a bit of bondo, dowel rods, and plexi glass and I had an engine, prop, spinner, and push rods.

The total weight is around 45 lbs. It has tail wheel steering via the control stick, folding wings, and rotating prop. I sure draws a lot of attention when my girls take it out for a short flight.

BACK

P-40 PEDAL PLANE