Tribute to Salman Shah

BACK

BANGLADESH PAGE

The untimely death of the rising young star Salman Shah in 1996 was devastating for the Bangladeshi film industry as was for his many fans. At least four commited suicide after hearing about his death.

Although I don't normally watch many Bdeshi movies I found myself greatly surprised with his good looks and talent when I happened to watch couple of his movies.

Salman came into the movies in 1993 with the hit 'Qayamat Theke Qayamat' starring oppposite Moushami. Both in their debut film.The film was a copy of the hindi hit Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak starring Aamir Khan.

He went on to make many more hit films, so it was a great shock to learn of his death. There have been many stories surrounding his death. Although he was found hanged (a apparent suicide) there are other stories which suggest that might not be so. Some say it was his matrimonial problems with his wife Samina that led to his untimely death. His parents Neela Chowdhary and Komor Uddin Ahmed were adamant that he was murdered. Suffice to say Salman Shah's death was surrounded by controversy !

sshah_1.jpg

List of Salman Shah Movies

FILM NAME

CO-STAR

sshah_shabnur.jpg

Salman and Shabnur

QAYAMAT THEKE QAYAMAT Moushami
TUMI AAMAR Shabnur
BEQAB Shabnur
ANTHORE ANTHORE Moushami
SNEH Moushami
SUJAN SHOKI (New) Shabnur