Nudity

Gasp!! Is the title of this page correct? Nudity?!? Gosh what a terrible thing to discuss!

Well, that seems to be the way that people react to this subject and, I must admit, this reaction is the source of unceasing amusement to me. It is apparent that I am (at least, as judged by the culture in which I am surrounded) somewhat different in my attitude to this subject. You see, I really, really don't care if people are nude or not. I'm a big boy and I happen to know what each of the two major subclasses of human beings look like without clothes on.

Now, I have to be upfront here and say that yes, I do appreciate the adult female form more than their complement, but that is not the primary reason for the writing of this opinion. What I am addressing is the general attitude towards nudity. People will go to a movie, see bodies blown apart with various limbs, organs, and noxious appearing substances lying about the scene and that perturbs neither them nor the self-appointed censors among us. But a little nudity is enough to get a herd of sweet old ladies with sensible hats and shoes parading in front of the theater decrying the horror of it all.

I'll make another disclaimer here and say that I think nudity has a proper place and time. No matter how much I personally might enjoy the scene, a beautiful young woman walking nude in midday alongside a busy intersection just might not be the most beneficial thing to happen in terms of driver (and pedestrian) safety. But at the beach, the lake, the riverside, your own home or yard, so what? Those who are old enough to recognize what they see are certainly not being surprised by anything new and the younger ones are being given an opportunity to grow accustomed to the concept that their bodies are going to change as they grow.

I'll even go so far as to say that there are places where nudity should be the approved dress code. I'm old enough to remember the joy of skinny-dipping. Nothing like it and I'd do it again today were it not for the objections of the people inhabiting the homes that now line the riverbank where I and my cohorts once swam nude with (dare I say it?) our friends both male and female. Another place is a hot tub. There is absolutely no way to better enjoy a good soak than doing so nude. And no, I am not arguing this just so I can convince some females to sit in the tub nude with me. I prefer for others to join me in my nudity because A, if they don't strip, I don't want to force my naked (and old and fat) body on them and B, I feel highly complimented when they display that degree of trust and that degree of confidence in my maturity.

Home Page