Simple Sabbath Logic

Let's look at one of EGW's most profound statements on the
Sabbath and the Law:

"I saw that the Sabbath commandment was not nailed to the cross. If it was, the other nine commandments were; and we are at liberty to break them all, as well as to break the fourth. I saw that God had not changed the Sabbath, for He never changes. But the pope had changed it from the seventh to the first day of the week; for he was to change times and laws .…

I saw that the holy Sabbath is, and will be, the separating wall between the true Israel of God and unbelievers; and that the Sabbath is the great question to unite the hearts of God's dear, waiting saints" (Early Writings, 1963, pp. 33).

Now read from the Bible and see what God has done with the wall that separated us:

Eph. 2:14-16 For Christ himself has made peace between us Jews and you Gentiles by making us all one people.
He has broken down the wall of hostility that used to separate us. 15 By his death he ended the whole system of Jewish law that excluded the Gentiles. His purpose was to make peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new person from the two groups. 16 Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.

Col. 2:16-17
So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new-moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.

17 For these rules were only shadows of the real thing, Christ himself.

Ellen White devoted her life to re-erecting that dividing wall. I think it is high time we tear down that wall, once and for all.

We could give you hundreds of other quotes from EGW and many more quotes from the Bible, however the result would remain the same, and this simple message of logic would be trampled under the weight of the evidence.  Ellen Gould White misunderstood  the Law and the Sabbath or misguided us. 

If she misunderstood, she owes us a great apology.

If she misguided us, her debt will be cleansed with fire.

Return to Home - Index page