SNOWBOARDING

Photos from  KAVKAZ+the story

SB PHOTOS

LINKS

****ED UP THINGS

I have finely made it!

I have gone snowboarding to the highest mountains in Europe - Elbrus (5642m, while Mont Blanc is ONLY 4804m), and one of the most steep "open" (with no "forbidden" sign) slopes - Cheget. The funny part is that there was not a single time that we ridden on an open slope. The sign "High avalanche danger"  "Caution! the slope is VERY steep" or "the rescuers are not responsible for your life outside of this area" meant "snowboard friendly slope".

Unfortunately, the majority of  about 100 photos that I've made contain scenes like: "me in the sauna", "me drinking beer", " me and the locals", "me wearing 4 masks at a time". The explanation is simple: if your best friend is not a professional cameraman/photographer, or you cannot afford one, then the pics that you make do not show the real Extremity of the slope, the speed, the danger, etc. So I guess that you'll have to enjoy the small number of the real snowboard pics and tons of "me in the bar"s.

And on the slope you always have a choice - you can either ride down with all the speed that you can get blowing the powder in the air, or you can stop every few 100 of meters to wait for the cameraman to take the right position  to make a pic. In most cases I've chosen the first, cause the pleasure that I got was worth much more then the memories.