Fun With Firearms!

These are a few of my favourite things...
Glock 17
This may very well be the best general-purpose 9mm semi-automatic pistol of the 20th Century. It's certainly my favourite. It's reliable, simple to use, and has a 17 round magazine.
American 180
The American 180 was originally designed as a .22 submachine-gun, but the one I've got is a semi-automatic variant. The standard steel drum magazine holds 177 rounds. It's about as politically incorrect as a firearm can be in Britain and still be legal.
Brocock ME38 Magnum
This is my latest acquisition. The Brocock Magnum is mechanically identical to a conventional revolver, but is chambered for Brocock Air Cartridges.

This is my page dedicated to the great individualist sport of target shooting. I've been into shooting for about six years now. I used to own a Glock 17, but it was stolen by the British government in 1997. Not to worry, I'll buy a new one sooner or later. My current main armament is a semi-automatic version of the American 180 .22 submachine gun. You can find out more about this unique weapon at the American 180 homepage listed below. Mine has a 177 round drum magazine, and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger - in fact your trigger finger will get tired before the magazine empties! It's always fun seeing the look on peoples's faces when they see it for the first time! I've also recently got into air pistol shooting, so now I can practice in my own home! That's one thing you can't do with a 9mm.

For me, half the fun of shooting these days is being politically-incorrect - it's like sticking two fingers up to Tony Blair and his fascist gang every time I pull the trigger! Apart from that, one of the best things about shooting as a sport is that you don't need to be an athlete to have a go. Most sports involve running around, jumping, building up a sweat and sometimes kicking a ball around. What do you get for your trouble? Aching muscles. That doesn't sound much fun to me. Shooting's a sport for sensible people. It's relaxing, and the more relaxed you are, the better you'll shoot. You can even shoot lying down!

Click here to read a useful file on shooting positions.

Favourite Links

The Official Glock Website.

The Official American 180 Homepage. This is an excellent site for fans of the innovative .22 submachine gun.

The Brocock Website. This is the company that makes air cartridge revolvers and rifles.

Backyard Marksmanship. Practice marksmanship in your own home or backyard. Rifle and pistol postal matches with an emphasis on airguns and practice ammunition. Helpful tips and equipment reviews.

Click here to read an online copy of the US Army Marksmanship Unit Pistol Training Guide.

Back to the index page.

This page has been visited times.