Teddy Sheringham

DATE OF BIRTH: April 2nd 1966

PLACE OF BIRTH: Highams Park

HEIGHT: 6'0"

In this, which is Teddy's first season you have to say that he has been absolutely brilliant. Taking the position of Eric Cantona in the side Sheringham has settled in very well and is doing an excellent job.

He signed for Manchester United from Tottenham in the summer of 97 for a fee of £3.5 million. His previous clubs include Millwall and Nottingham Forest.

He is now a first team Manchester United player and looks certain of partnering Alan Shearer in the 98 world cup.

Although he isn't the fastest of players he has a very quick football brain and his touch is perfect every time. He has been a big part in this seasons championship defence campaign, scoring and setting up many goals.

He is getting on, with his age at 31 but I'm sure he'll be wearing the number 10 united shirt for a few more seasons.

He's a great United player, and he might not go into United's history as a legend but he sure will be remembered as a very good player who was important to United's league challenges.

Teddy may have been criticised for his performances in France 98, but he will be back to his best when he starts playing for United again.

I'm a big admirer of Teddy Sheringham and I'm sure there's a lot more of us out there.

Back to player list