line

The Greater World Christian Spiritualist Church

Miss Winifred Moyes
Miss Winifred Moyes

Perhaps only those who were closest in the work could truly judge the remarkable gift of mediumship possessed by Miss Moyes, and the sensitiveness which enabled her to be used by Zodiac. Suffering from ill-health from the age of ten, when she was eventually used as an instrument by Zodiac, her weak physical body was compensated for by an iron will and a determination which forced the body to do the bidding of the Spirit. Such was her state of health that there were many times when Spirit Power alone enabled Zodiac to control his instrument and deliver his message. The strength of Miss Moyes lay in her implicit faith in the Christ power around her. Zodiac's first act on "taking control" was to place his medium under the protection of the Cross on the altar with upstretched arms and using the invocation: "Saviour Christ, into Thy hands I commend the spirit of this Thy child".

Miss Moyes dedicated her gift of mediumship entirely to Zodiac's work. How closely she was attuned to the higher vibrations of Zodiac is shown in the perfection of the messages given. They are given in purity, unobstructed by the physical mind.

Miss Moyes was told by Spirit that she must give up her office work because she would be too weak to be used by Zodiac, and so having handed in her resignation wondered how she was going to make ends meet. However, her spirit was strong, and Miss Moyes made great personal sacrifices travelling around the country on a weekly basis, often in great physical pain, and the Greater World gained a sure foothold in the material plane. Miss Moyes wrote in June 1933: "Had it not been for Spirit power, I should not now be in the body. At times I still suffer great pain, yet the loving protection of the Great Father is demonstrated constantly through the guides, for although I have not had a holiday for five years and work 14 to 16 hours a day, I find that 'His grace is sufficient for me', and every year I am getting stronger".

Zodiac always gave his addresses in the trance state. Mediumship which can be used to bridge the earthly and the heavenly conditions is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind. Miss Moyes possessed this gift in outstanding measure, and she used it in the way that God intended all the gifts of the Spirit to be used, namely: to bring the light of the Spirit into the darkness of the material world. In ordinary life, the psychic or mediumistic side was balanced by a vast amount of practical work: in organizing, in her highly inspired writings, and in the philanthropic work she felt urged to do, especially in the founding of the Free Night Shelters for Homeless Women.

So much has hinged upon the loyal spirit of this dedicated woman, and the gift of mediumship entrusted to her; and upon the one who, over the years, was her faithful companion and helper - Mrs Margaret Hoare, one of the note-takers for the Zodiac Messages and other messages often given by developed guides permitted by Zodiac to address the Zodiac Circle.

Zodiac addressed a packed audience through Miss Moyes at the Town Hall in Jersey after the Second World War.

Her public work continued until 1957. She passed into the Higher Life on 12th December, 1957.

Back to your place

line

Seek For:
In:  
Match: Any word All words Exact phrase
Sound-alike matching:

Within: 
Show:  results  summaries

Other Articles  H