My Macintosh Collection

Updated3/16/08

Once I had access to a digital camera I started getting pics of the various Macintosh computers that I did. Some were stock and some I customized with a paint job. Here are some pictures of those Macs. Just click on the thumbnail for a bigger picture in a new window.

My latest Mac is a Powermac G4 Digital Audio that I acquired in late may of 2005. It came from a videographer so luckily I was able to get some of the old software from it as well. It also came with three hard drives, a broken keyboard and a mouse. The first thing I did was get a Logitech optical 2-button mouse and I later upgraded to a a Kensington PilotBoard that ate batteries, then to a Microsoft ComfortCurve Keyboard. My Mac now has 1.5 GB of RAM, a 1.2 ghz processor, and two internal hard drives with Mac OS X Tiger on one and OS 9 on the other, an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro graphics card, Motorola WPCI810G wireless network card, a Sonnet Allegro 4-port USB 2.0 PCI card, an external generic USB 2.0 powered hub, Pioneer DVR-110D DVD burner and third-party fans. I've already removed the front internal speaker and put a small fan in place of it. I plan to cut out part of the front panel and add more doo-dads and such. Thanks to MacMod.com I'mgoing to remove the paint from some of the parts and come up with a new paint scheme as well. The video is being shown on a Samsung SyncMaster 930b 19 inchLCD monitor while the audio comes out of a Logitech X-530 6-speaker System. Previously the audio speakers used came from a Cambridge SoundWorks system by CreativeLabs. Soon I'll be adding a Griffin Technologies FireWave in order to use all 6 speakers and get Dolby Digital 7.1 sound.

Here are pics of it from when I first got it. At the time it had a SCSI card (for accessing different hard drives externally and internally) and the same nVidia 32MB video card (AGP).

New Old Mac

This is the one that I picked up recently from work. which now belongs to my ex-girlfriend. Can you believe I got this for only $25? The broken USB ports caused the whole machine to act a little flakey, but I replaced the motherboard for her for Christmas. The Apple 15 inch Studio Display that came with it only cost me $25 as well! The original processor was a 533 mhz G4 chip and I upgraded it with my old processor to 733 mhz. In addition I've given it 3 RAM sticks of 256 MB each, added a Motorla WPCI810G wireless card like my main one, kept the nVidia 32MB video card, and added a VIA PCI card that has 4 USB 2.0 ports on it. Thankfully the Studio Display has 2 USB ports built in so I'm using those instead. Still, if I run out I have the ones on that card to fill up. The audio comes from two JBL Pro speakers form my parent's old Compaq computer. The first set of pics show the Mac with a new paint job in gloss black. I painted the backs of most of the parts to preserve the original glossy finish on the outside.

Old 7300 G3

This I purchased off of ebay probably in 2000 or 2001 as a replacement for a slower one. Even the slower one was a replacement for another that had blown up. This had a 604 processor and ran about 200 mhz. I had a 1.2 GB hard drive and a 4GB hard drive in there at the time, and later upgraded the video from onboard, to an 8MB Twin Turbo card, to adding an ATI Radeon 7000 card. I also added a 2-port USB PCI card so that I could work my scanner. While living with Eve she gave me a CD Burner for this as well, which is why the faceplate of the burner doesn't match the rest of the custom painted case. This is currently in the apartment of Sean Carter.