download NINTENDO WAD_(2.66MB)

DESCRIPTION

After months of working on this WAD file it is now finally available for you to download! NINTENDO WAD!! This Wad-file works with both Doom and Doom2. It should also work with Final Doom (Although using just plain Doom2 is recommended). Every Monster in the game has been replaced with a Nintendo character.. New graphics, sounds and a few new textures too. New weapons include the PowerGlove, the Zapper, A shoulder mounted missile launcher and the Super Scope! I've also done a little more with the EXE file than I did in Disney WAD. Nintendo Wad is optimised for Doom2 Version 1.7a But will still work with other versions. (The Demos just won't play). Another thing... Some of the sounds are a bit crap. (like the one for Link). Later on I will replace some of the crappier sounds with better ones when\if I can find them. (Like when Zelda 64 and that new N64 Donkey Kong game are released, hopefully they will have decent sounds in them that I can use in this WAD).

INSTRUCTIONS

Click on the link above to download the Nintendo.zip file. Save it onto your Hard Drive and then unzip it into your Doom 2 directory it using PKUNZIP, WINZIP or some other unzipping utility. Once you have decompressed Nintendo.zip, take a look in your Doom2 directory and there will be Four new files. They are:

Nintendo.WAD - The main file containing all the new graphics and sounds etc.
Nintendo.BAT - This is the file you 'MUST' execute to run NINTENDO WAD
Dontrun.EXE - DONT run this to start Nintendo WAD It messes up the sound
Nintendo.TXT - This Text file explains storyline & install steps in greater detail.

So to get Nintendo WAD running after you have unzipped the files, just run Nintendo.BAT.

I hope you like it and remember.. Tell me what you think!!

I was also considering making some Nintendo levels for the WAD (ie. the castle from mario 64, and a few of the courses) but I ran out of time. If any good level designer wants to make the castle level from Mario 64 then email me and I will include it (along with your name) in the next release of Nintendo WAD. BTW if you decide to make the castle level, then don't worry too much about the textures, monsters or items (except for the keys) because I will put the proper Mario 64 textures ect. in the right places after you send it to me.

GSNGame Sites Network