Its It's one of those films you sort of come across and say "Man I love the way this movie ends!" This movie is about a young card shark, Eddy, who walks into one of the biggest cards games of his life, armed with £100 000, in an attempt to score huge against some high rollers. Unfortunately he plays only to end up losing £500 000 which he owes to the local gangster, 'atchet 'arry. Threatened to lose all his "digits" if he doesn't pay back the amount within a week, Eddy and his three friends; Tom, Soap and Bacon are forced to devise a miracle to come up with the money. This leads them on a very interesting endevour which , if I were to explain, would probably spoil the film. :)

The first thing I would have to say about this film is that the cinematography for this film is very, very slick. Its a very post 90's style mixed with some cool 90's tunes( which are also by the way, very good). The way the action sequences flick between slow mo and double speed is very flash( one scene of particular note is at the beginning when some of the guys are caught selling stolen goods and they are chased after by the cobbers!)Camera angles are great too! Watch for the scene when Eddy realises he loses all his money. Not only that but the film has a very nice colour about it. All set in a very brown and yellow background, it makes the normally dreary london landscape, more like a very suburban spaghetti western. Action is a plenty in this film, and as the title suggests, there are a lot of guns.

The casting for this film was also quite well chosen. All the actors in this film are quite humorous and larger than life, especially the local gangsters Hatchet Harry(P H Moriaty)and Barry the Baptist(Lenny McLean). But my favourite character would have to be Rory Breaker ( played by Vas Blackwood). Described as a childish exterior, but is never to be underestimated. Other characters like Harry's debt collector Big Chris, Nick the Greek, the botanists and the robbers who live next door, all made up a terrific line up of mayhem and craziness. The script is also really good, with some very memorable lines such as Barry the Baptist and his opinion about Eddy, "he's a f@#kin fief!"Cracks me up that guy.

The story, admist the music, cinematography and cast, do make this film, a great film. It's an intriguing plot that will have you watching from start to finish and watching again from the start. It's a fun flick. There are no deep serious undertones or any hidden messages about life in there, it's a film about a regular bunch of guys , who somehow find themselves in an extrodinary situation which they have to deal with. I think thats what makes this film kind of fascinating cuz it aint about anybody great or super. It's a bunch of no name guys who we can , at one stage of our lives, sort of identify with.

This film is available just about anywhere.

rent it now!!

Click here to go back <<<<<<