Alexia Phillips

Alexia Phillips, a professional musician and entertainer, has been studying music since the age of 6. Her main instruments of study include piano, guitar, vocals and flute. She is currently majoring in guitar performances at the Royal Conservatory of Music, and participates in various classical guitar concerts and recitals. During the last four years, while continuing her musical studies, much of her time has been dedicated to teaching piano and guitar in her family owned music studio. Since the tender age of 14, her other musical assets have included playing the piano and singing lead vocals with a Toronto based band, This experienced performer has played in over 200 clubs and concert halls in Canada and the United States. Alexia's very first studio experiences were with her brother (producer/signer) Chris Phillips. The two worked closely together writing and producing their 1994 album entitled "Always Thinking Of You". The album showed notable success, storming the dance floors and achieving airplay in Canada, as well as various stations throughout the U.S. Alexia is also known for writing and producing for other popular artists. In 1995 she co-wrote and co-produced Lil Suzy's two hit singles "When I Fall In Love" and "Now And Forever." In the same year she collaborated with her brother, Chris Phillips and the singer/producer Adam Marano from "Collage." This resulted in an album entitled "Marano/Phillips" which proved to be successful in the Dance/Freestyle market. One of Alexia's most recognizable hits include "I Never Needed" released with a Los Angeles based recording company, Interhit Records. The track went to hit the billboard Dance Charts, entering as a "hot shot" debut and peaking at number #34. It also hit number #1 on the American DMA Dance Chart, as well as conquering numerous charts across North America. Her follow up single "Under Cover Lover" also appeared on numerous American charts. Alexia's next hit "You" made a big impact on dance radio and entered several dance pool charts across Canada. Her current self-written single "My Boy" has already received airplay and is sure to be her next hit anthem. The future is certain to hold success for this talented young musician. As she continues to teach and study music to her fullest, she is currently working towards her first solo album. The album will include past hits as well as fresh new material. Alexia has also worked with recording star Stevie B on the remake of Jaya's 1989 hit "If You Leave Me Now" . The song received alot of requests on Canadian radio stations like Hits 103.5 FM, Power 88.5 FM (the former) and Energy 108. The song was produced by Chris Phillips. Alexia last year released her new songs "Say You Love Me" on Planet Freestyle 4 and the remake of the 1980s classic "Locomotion" on Freestyle Odyssey 2001. Be sure to checkout her new hit single with her brother Chris "How Do I Go On" on Planet Freetyle 2000.

Songs
All Broken Hearted
Always Thinking Of You (with Chris Phillips)
Forever
How Do I Go On (with Chris Phillips)
If You Leave Me Now (with Stevie B)
Locomotion
Say You Love Me

To Artists Page

Pic Courtesy Of Odeon Records