Ted Mechanic's Deep Purple Pages

Welcome to Ted's   Corner

This site is dedicated to Roger Glover, great bass-, keyboard- and guitar player, songwriter and producer, and also one of the nicest and most down-to-earth guys of all Rock'n'Roll superstars.

You already found lots of stuff about Roger's work in Deep Purple on the other pages, so that's not going to be the major topic here.

This is his corner, so it will deal with his solo work and with Roger, the person. I'm intending to put up something different to the stuff that you can already find everywhere else on the net. Hope I don't fail big time....

I had the big pleasure of meeting Roger several times already and I'm always surprised how nice of a person he is. Always friendly, always in a good mood, funny (man, can he tell jokes!) and he also understands how to paaaarty, especially with a good German beer. He's a very patient, humble and polite person, never speaking negatively about anything or anybody. In one word: he is a great guy !

And he really cares about us, his fans ! He treats everybody as a person, without any star-arrogance at all and he'll answer every question with patience, even the "rather uncomfortable" ones. He also fulfills autograph requests as you can see further down on this page.

Due to some computer problems I'm not as far with this page as I was planning, but lots of people bugged me to publish it anyway plus I wanted to have something up here on time for his birthday.... So far, you'll find a brief biography and information about his solo discs, also some rare photos, most of them taken by myself. There's more to come later. You can either scroll down or click on the red buttons here.

Take a look at  Roger's Pinboard , an absolute "must-see" !!!  

(very rare pictures of Roger as a school kid, teenager, Episode Six player and more)

back to TOP    of this page

To Ted's    Pages

with more stuff about Roger, such as on-stage images, concert reviews, backstage pictures and more

Feel free to e-mail me your comments and questions

© 1999 - 2002  by Axel Dauer

" I TOLD you I could sing as good as you !"

---  " Hmphhh, really? "