Ted Mechanic's Deep Purple Pages

On June 16, 2000, an unbelievable party took place at the Abbey Road Studios in London. Musicians from all over the place got together to celebrate a thing called "The Endangered Species Awards 2000." The party was held to celebrate Tony Ashton's recovery from his recent illness.

I had the big honor of being invited by Tony himself, so there was not a second of hesitation that I would fly in from Germany to be part of the event. For those pittiable folks who couldn't be there (and of course also the ones who were there...) I brought home some pictures of the gig to share with you. They appear here in no particular order and were just taken with my little goof-proof camera. So forgive the quality, although I think some came out pretty neet. Please enjoy.

I don't want to describe the gig in the usual review way; it's said in one word anyway: the night was a BLAST. But I don't want to forget to thank everybody for their appearance and all the other effort they did to celebrate Tony that night. We all know what a great person he is. Thank you all, God bless you !

Tony Ashton, June 16, 2000

Tony, we love you !!

Back to Ted's Deep Purple Pages     leave an e-mail comment     go to the pages with the images