Big Hit Articles Feb 2000

WHAT'S NICK LIKE ON TOUR? HOW WELL DO COUSINS BRIAN AND KEVIN GET ON? WHY DOES AJ WANT TO GET A NOSE JOB? AND WHAT'S BUGGIN' HOWIE D? BIG HIT IS HERE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS - AND HEAPS MORE -AS WE GET CRAZY WITH BSB ...

Click here to read a part of the article, or read through them all.
Nick
Brian and Kevin
AJ
Howie

WHY IS NICK "THE HYPERMAN"?

He's normally a little shy and reserved, but Big Hit got Nick Carter to open up by firing the tricky questions at him ... When was the last time a girl turned you down?
Probably when I was at school. I used to get brushed off all the time because none of the girls liked me. They all thought I was a bit odd and preferred the cool guys, but I didn't want to get involved in that crowd. I kept myself to myself.

What's your sexiest body part?
I'd probably have to say my hair. I don't take a lot of time over it but people seem to like the way it looks. I used to swim all the time at home in Florida so the chlorine and the sun turned it blond, but now I dye it to keep the highlights in.

Are you superstitious?
Kind of. I believe in "something", but it's hard to place a specific name for the feelings I have. All I know is there's gotta be someone else out there.

Do you have smelly feet?
No! I wash them every time I go in the shower. I even scrub in between the toes. No "toe glue" for me! To tell you the truth, I don't sniff my feet that often because they're too far away from my nose, but no-one else complains about them, so I guess they're pretty sweet-smelling.

When was the last time you swore?
I don't swear that often. My parents brought me up to think it's a bad thing and usually it never even crosses my mind. The strongest I get is shouting, "Damn" or "Shoot!"

Is there a piece of Jewellery that's extra special to you?
Yeah, a BSB pendant on a gold chain, Our manager gave us one each as a thank you for our hard work. I'm not wearing it, though. I keep important possessions in a safe place because I get pretty worried about losing sentimental stuff.

Are you a good kisser?
Hmm, how can I answer that question? Nah, I don't think I am. I mean, I don't have a special kissing technique or anything, I just do whatever comes naturally. It's been a long time since I've kissed anyone, so I'm way out of practice at the moment.

Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to be a girl?
It's gone through my mind a few times. Nothing specific, just thoughts about the kind of stuff I'd have to put up with. I definitely reckon boys have it easier because they don't have to have babies and stuff, I've heard that's meant to be pretty bad from what my mom's told me.

Would you do anything for a real friend?
It depends on how long the friendship lasts. I've had some friends since I was a little kid, and I would do anything for them. Of course, it also depends on the situation. Something illegal may be too much.

Would you lie for a friend?
I would lie, when a friend, for example, has girl trouble, it would be different. I would help him out of the scrap.

Who Is your best friend?
At home there's a girl. I understand her perfectly. She's not my girlfriend or anything, she's just my best friend, she's really great. I go to her when I have a problem and sometimes call her when I'm touring.

Describe yourself In one sentence.
I was born to make fun of things. They say I've got a great bunch of energy, many times the others even call me The Hyperman! That's actually two sentences, but we'll let that go! (laughs)

Back to Top of article

ALL IN THE FAMILY

Brian Interviews cousin Kevin ,..

Brian: So, Kev, what's your earliest memory of me?
Kevin: I remember going to your house to play with you and your brother Harold, who's the same age as me. Sometimes you both used to come and play on our farm and you used to bring all your toys with you. I can also really remember the time you were in the hospital because of your heart problems, but I wasn't allowed to visit you because I was too small!

Brian: Do you remember our favourite game?
Kevin: Sure! We always played Star Wars. I was always Darth Vader and Harold was Luke Skywalker, but we never wanted you to play because you were still too young! Whenever we picked on you, Harold and I used to get told off by our parents! We also had a cassette player that we used to record songs on - actually, I've still got those tapes. Sometimes we'd just talk into it, or we acted as if we were in a pop group and tried to do it professionally, like with harmonies and everything, Man, that brings back memories.

Brian: What was your favourite toy?
Kevin: My BMX bike. They'd just come onto the market and I thought I was so cool with the bike. I rode it everywhere, and I thought everyone was so jealous of me on my cool, new BMX!

Brian: Did we ever fight? Kevin: When you got a new toy, Harold and I used to take it away from you just to annoy you, but we never really used to fight because there was such an age gap between us - it wouldn't really have been fair, would it?

Brian: What do you like best about me?
Kevin: I like the way you approach everything in a relaxed way, although sometimes you're just too darn relaxed! When I'm stressed I become totally serious. But when you're stressed you just crack a couple of jokes and it really relaxes the situation. Plus, you have a fantastic voice.

Brian: OK, when do you get angry with me?
Kevin: Hmmm, I guess everything I've just said can be reversed as well. I'm sometimes too serious and you're sometimes too childish. Sometimes you don't realise just how serious things are.

Brian: Would you say we're more like brothers or friends?
Kevin: Both, I think. Obviously, we do have our disagreements and we tend to fall out more quickly because we're family. But I guess you always fall out with family quicker than friends because, at the end of the day, you know you'll always love that person.

Brian: What's one thing about me that really annoys you?
Kevin: (laughing) It makes me furious when I say something and you go, totally ironically, "Wow, that sounds really grown-up! You must know a great deal about life - yes, you must be really grown-up!" Grrr! That really does my head in. I do know what you mean, but it makes me want to scream!

Brian: When did you realise you could really trust me?
Kevin: Well, I've always known I can tell you absolutely anything. But now, depending on what the problem is, I know I can go to the other guys as well - you're all good for talking to about different things.

Brian: When we do fight, who normally makes the first move?
Kevin: Usually we don't even have to talk about it, do we? Especially because we're constantly together - I always know if you're having a bad day and vice versa, which is when you tend to fall out more. If its a big problem we'll sit down and talk about it, but normally it's easier to forget it and carry on.

Back to Top of article

WHAT IF ...

We put wild boy AJ. to the test by asking him to finish the following sentences ...

If I could be anything else In the world besides a Backstreet Boy, I'd ...
be Geena Davis' archery equipment. I've had a crush on her for ages.

If I could steal someone else's clothes, It would be...
Mick Jagger's. I always thought he had the coolest, most sophisticated clothes - although I am sure they wouldn't fit me.

If I could have more free time, I'd spend it...
at home sleeping and also catching up on listening to new CDs I bought.

If I could change my body, I'd ...
have bigger arms and thighs!

If I could change some things about the world, I would ...
want world peace. I would also want people to stop being bigots. I know this sounds very idealistic, but you asked an idealistic question.

If I could meet anyone In the world, It would be ...
Well, I would like to have met JFK Jr, but it's too late now. Very sad. My heart goes out to his family.

If I could go on the ultimate holiday, it would probably be ...
a week in Ibiza, then a week in Bali. I think those are probably the two most exotic places in the world.

If I could change one thing about myself it would be ...
my nose. I don't think that I would actually ever change it, but it's something I've always thought about, like when I look at myself from a side view, or when I see pictures of myself at certain angles.

If I could change something about Nick, I'd ...
want him to stop acting so silly sometimes. I also would like to see him in less conservative clothes.

If I could change something about Howie, I'd ...
want him to stop being so damn saintly! (laughs)

If I could change something about Brian, I'd ...
want him to read some of my spirituality books and be more open-minded about material we record.

If I could change something about Kevin, I'd ...
want him to calm down and not worry so much about our schedule and making deadlines.

Back to top of article

HOWIE SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Five things you might have heard about Howie D, explained once and for all ,..

Rumour: Howie has a cat named Oscar and a dog named Chris.
Truth: Howie doesn't have any animals. His sister Pollyanna's dog is named Oscar and the family cat is named Chris.

Rumour: Howie's sister Angie got him into the music business and she is also in it herself.
Truth: Pollyanna got Howie into the music business.. She is currently establishing her own musical career Angle is an accountant.

Rumour: Pollyanna died of Lupus.
Truth: Actually, it was his sister Caroline.

Rumour: In college, Howie asked his chorus class if anyone would like to join a singing group. He ask everyone with the exception of Chris from 'N Sync, because he thought Chris was annoying.
Truth: This is true, except for Howie ignoring Chris. Howie never really knew Chris at school.

Rumour: Howie was afraid of cats and the dark when he was a kid.
Truth: Howie was mostly just afraid of dogs when he was younger!

Back to top of article

BSB Articles
Brian Articles
Main Page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -