Brian interview with Rick Dees

Listen to the interview

Rick: B-Rok, Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys on the line! (Yay)

Brian: Good morning, everybody. How'r you doing?

R: Well, fine Brian. How's everything with you?

B: Everything is lovely!

R: Now, I want to make sure cause the program director of our radio show came and I said his name is Brian "Littrell" (rhymes with Pull) not "Littrell" (rhymes with bell). I want YOU to tell the world how to pronounce your last name.

B: It's actually pronounced "Littrell" (rhymes with Pull). Actually, in the beginning everybody in school would say Brian "Littrell" (rhymes with bell), and I was like, "No, it's actually, "Littrell" (the other way around *sigh* LOL). Uh, the proper pronouciation would be "Brian Littrell" (rhymes with Pull).

R: Brian Littrell! I got it right, he got it wrong. *Brian laughs*. Now, Brian is in the midst of doing a lot of stuff. They have soundtracks they're working on, now. Please tell me: It is confirmed, you're back on the road on August 24?

B: Yes, yes. The Backstreet Boys will be back on the road, uh, I think in Milwaukee on the 24th of this month. A.J. is doing quite well, actually, which is good news to everybody.

R: That's fantastic. That's awesome.

B: We're really looking forward to it. It'll run toward the end of October and we'll assess going to the Far East or going to Europe, you know, who knows?

R: Super! Now lets get Alex on tour with you guys and not A.J, okay?.

B: Yeah, yeah, yeah! (Enthusiastically)

R: Here are the rules and I want you to tell him: No more tattoos, I want him to go to bed BEFORE 12:30.

B: That's fine, I don't think he has anymore room on his skin. *laughter*

R: And he does have such a soulful sound to his singing voice, doesn't he?

B: Yeah, he does.

R: Yeah, he really has that. And you do, too...really does. And it's interesting because Kevin Richardson says, "Hey guys, I have a cousin that sings!" And everybody says that, but he was right! I mean, you really do sing and you really are his cousin!

B: Well... yeah, we're first cousins, we grew up together. I think everybody in the group compliments each other pretty well vocally, I think. Um...

R: I love that dancer you hired--this is in the new show. She comes down this pole in the middle of the stage, her name is Leighanne?

Ellen: Leighanne, the pole dancer?!

B: *laughs* c'mon!

R: She's fantastic! *laughter* Listen, uh, tell Leighanne we say hi to her, she's fantastic.

B: I will.

R: And so beautiful.

E: And how are your little baby puppies, is everything good?

B: They are wonderful. We're out here in Los Angeles, right now. And, uh, just enjoying some of the sunshine. I'm trying to get Rick out on the golf course, but our schedules are kind of conflicting.

R: I can only play once a day! *laughter* It's terrible... So, here's the other one: I ask a guy: "Does your wife play golf?" He says, "I never asked her." Isn't that awful? This weekend, I wanted to take a swing at it. But, listen, Brian I know you're working on a couple of soundtracks on this and that. Listen, uh, who does the writing on--is it done on the outside and then they bring it to you guys as a group, or what?

B: For, uh...

R: For Backstreet Boys.

B: Well actually, for uh, Millennium I co-wrote 3 of the songs on the Millennium cd.

R: Which ones are those?

B: Uh, that would be "I'll Be The One," uh, "Larger Than Life," and I wrote and produced "The Perfect Fan" a song that I wrote for my mom.

R: Yeah, it's fabulous...

B: Yeah, on Black & Blue, actually, the Backstreet Boys did--we wrote a song called "Time". That's track number nine off the Black & Blue.

R: Uh, go get track number nine!

B: Uh, Howie wrote a couple, "How Did I Fall In Love With You?" and another one. So, we actually kinda pull from all different sources, writers, you know, from all over the world, pretty much. You kind of submit and tell 'em what you're looking for and if something suits you--you know we can obviously understand if it's gonna be the best for us or not.

R: Sure, you change around, maybe a little bit? You're so talented...

B: Yeah, change things around, modify it a little bit, but I think it's better coming from us, as artists, because we know what our sound is and we know what we're looking for, so... We're all growing as artists and we're looking forward to writing more stuff on more records.

R: I love your writing. Do you smell like Safari right now? (suductively) Have you had a little spray of Safari cologne over on your earlobes for me? *Ellen laughs*

(No sound)

R: I knew he'd hang up if I said that! *more laughter*

E: Are you crazy?

R: No, there's a list in front of me that says Brian's favorite cologne is Safari. I bet you didn't even know that yourself, did you?

B: I didn't know that.

R: Yeah...

B: I didn't know that, actually, I don't wear cologne.

R: You don't wear cologne?!

B: No, I don't wear cologne.

R: Now, that's odd! I would have sworn you had some fragrance.

B: *laughs* No, you were actually sniffing the person next to me the last time you, would that be?

R: She's so beautiful, Leighanne. Not Leighanne, the pole dancer! Listen, do you have a favorite soap? I mean, so there's no fragrance at all to Brian Littrell?

B: Uh, my favorite soap would actually be the, uh, Dove bodywash.

R: *laughs* See, I knew it! See you soon!

B: Thanks very much and Quit Playing Games with my Dove bodywash, alright? *laughter*

R: Yay!

Plays Quit Playin' Games

R:That's Brian Littrell, if our program director is listening, Brian LITTRELL! And here it is Backstreet Boys...

Whoever typed out this transcript, if you want full credit on here, please let me know. And thank you.

News Page
main page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -