Backstreet Boys Pay Tribute To Crew Member Who Died In Terrorist Attack

Source:Yahoo News

(9/14/01, 3 p.m. ET) -- Danny Lee, a carpenter and crew member for the Backstreet Boys, died on the hijacked American Airlines Flight 11 en route to Los Angeles when it crashed into the World Trade Center on Tuesday (September 11). Lee was traveling to be with his wife Kellie, as she was soon due to give birth to the couple's second child. Lee had completed his work after the Backstreet Boys concert on Monday (September 10) at the FleetCenter in Boston, and boarded the flight to Los Angeles the next morning.

On Thursday (September 13), just two days after the tragic events in America and the death of her loving husband, Kellie Lee gave birth to a healthy eight-pound, 12-ounce baby girl--a sister for Lee's 2-year old daughter who still, of course, does not comprehend the magnitude of what happened to her father and to the nation last week. "I told her, 'Daddy isn't coming home,'" Kellie explained to the Los Angeles Times. "She said, 'Yes he is. In five minutes, he'll be back.'"

The Backstreet Boys held a moment of silence during their concert at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. More than 10,000 members of the audience bowed their heads in honor of Lee and the many other victims of the tragedy. Meanwhile, the members of the Backstreet Boys have made the difficult decision to press on with their tour. They are scheduled to perform Monday (September 17) at the Molson Centre in Montreal, Quebec.

-- Jason Gelman, New York

On another note. I am sure Brian and Leighanne don't want to dwell on this and the "what if's", but Leighanne was originally scheduled to be on flight 11 from Boston to LA too, but changed her mind. Thank God she changed her mind and is with Brian now. I don't want to think how that would have devastated Brian. Their guardian angel was looking out for them that day.
Source:Yahoo News

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Two days after her husband died aboard American Airlines Flight 11, Kellie Lee gave birth to a baby girl.

``I feel happy that she's here, but I wish more than anything that he was here too,'' she said Friday, remembering her husband Daniel.

Allison Danielle Lee was born at 8:10 a.m. Thursday. The healthy baby weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces and has her father's nose, according to her mother.

Lee last saw her 34-year-old husband, a stage carpenter for the Backstreet Boys (news - web sites), on Aug. 21 when he left on the band's tour. He was heading home so he could be with her for the birth of their child. She last spoke with him about seven hours before the attacks.

The couple also have another daughter, 2-year-old Amanda.

``She keeps saying, 'He'll be back in five minutes,''' said Lee, 32. ``I don't feel there's a tear (left) in me.''

News Page
main page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -