Is Van Der Beek up the creek?

Source:Atlanta Journal-Constitution
If he's true to his word, we won't be seeing "Dawson's Creek" actor James Van Der Beek's puss in public any time soon. We have local Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell to thank for the banishment.

Littrell, with the help of "Sopranos" actress-teammate Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Atlanta Braves Kevin Millwood, Andruw Jones, Rafael Furcal and Gary Sheffield, whipped Van Der Beek (right) and his actress-teammate Jaime Pressly during MTV's "Rock n Jock All-Star Challenge" broadcast Monday night.

Littrell and Sigler scored 385 runs during the 30-minute competition taped last week. Van Der Beek and Pressly banged in 245 runs. At various points during the competition, the trash-talking threatened to take over. Littrell wondered aloud if Van Der Beek "runs like a girl" (he did) while the "Dawson's Creek" actor dismissed the boy band member saying, "I'm not getting beat by a Backstreet Boy. I'd never be able to show my face in public again."

Our favorite moment in the sports special came, however, when the diminutive Sigler, who portrays Meadow on "The Sopranos," had to bat against Texas Rangers pitcher and former Atlanta Brave John Rocker. As Rocker took to the mound, he growled to the camera, "I'm gonna drill her right in the chops!" Sigler responded by smacking a ball right back to Rocker on the mound and driving it into his foot. As a wounded Rocker walked it off, Sigler sweetly shouted, "Sorry!" As a public service, MTV repeated that particular piece of tape three times during the show.

News Page | Brian Articles Page
main page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -