Nick Carter Transcript from Australian Radio Station

Thanks to Wendy for typing out this interview after hearing it.

J: Hey Nick. How ya going?

N: Oh, its good! Everything�s going great!

J: Yeah? How�s the new solo album going?. I hear you�ve been working hard on that.

N: Yeah, I�m busting my ass on it.

J: How long have you been working on it?

N: I�ve been working on it since February

J: And is it almost ready? You know, to be out?

N: Its like 95% there

J: OK, so whats the 5% that needs to be done on it?

N: Oh, probably like mixing, and the final pick of the songs.

J: Now its titled Now or Never, whats the meaning behind that?

N: It just felt like if I didn�t do it now, I would never do it.

J: What was your involvement in the songwriting process with this album?

N: Pretty much, I wrote a large portion of the album. I felt I had a lot to say, I had a lot of things to get off my chest. And sure enough, that�s what happened.

J: OK, and its got a slightly rockier sound to that of the BSB. Is that your own personal style of music that you like to listen to?

N: Oh, definitely. I�m a big rock fan. I always have been. I kind of grew up to it.

J: And so, what are the Backstreet Boys gonna think of your new album? Is it gonna be a huge departure from what they�re used to doing?

N: It�s a huge departure. Its not BSB, but at the same time it does have a bit of a BSB feel, because, I AM one of the Backstreet Boys.

J: Now the new song, Help Me, what made you release that as the first single?

N: That song in particular, its�.a song that wasn�t written by me, but the reason�..I really like that song. And the reason I wanted to record it, was because it hit home of the point of life where I�m at right now, it tells about how I�m feeling right now. How I�m trying to find myself, and who I am. Being in the group, and doing this for so long, and being kind of sheltered. I havent been able to find myself, ya know? Because I�ve been in that environment for so long.

So I�m doing my best to try and find myself, and that song explains exactly what I�m trying to say.

J: So after working on this solo album for months I guess, has it helped you find yourself?

N: Oh Yes! So much!

The thing about it, I was starting to go off the deep end a little bit. And when I started recording, and really concentrating on myself and everything, my self-esteem just went up, I started feeling better about myself. And I started getting healthier. I stopped partying and hanging out and going crazy. So now, people can tell even by the way I look now.

J: So how are you going to feel�It sounds like you�ve really enjoyed the whole process, working on your own, finding your own style. How are you gonna be when you go back to the Backstreet Boys? Is that something you�re definitely gonna do?

N: Yes, I would love to go back to do the next album with them. That�s what I�m planning on doing.

J: So the Backstreet Boys are still definitely together? And you guys are about to go into the recording studio arent you?

N: Yea-ah!!

J: And how did they feel about you going solo?

N: Uh..Yeah. They�ve got their own opinions about things, but�

J: Its something you had to do

N: Yea-ah

J: What are they doing? Is anyone else from BSB going solo?

N: No, just lil ol me.

J: And when are you coming back to Australia? Its been so long since we�ve seen you guys.

N: Well, I�m ready to get my butt over there soon, cos I just started surfing, so, I want to get over there soon.

J: Oh, we�ve got very good surf over here.

N: Yeah, I want to check it out big time.

J: And would you be coming by yourself with your album? Or would you be coming with the group?

N: Uh�Who knows? Either Or, but I�d like to get over there

J: Cool! Now stick around Nick, cos I have to go through Kyle�s Minute of Power. You up for that?

N: Sure!

(Plays Help Me)

J: Now my co-host Kyle couldn�t be here today, but he�s given me a list of questions, which we call the Minute of Power. You OK to do that?

N: OK, that�s fine.

J: OK, first question, Have you ever been with more than one woman in the same night?

N: (Giggles) Hehe! Umm�..No.

J: Have you ever broken the law anywhere in the world?

N: Hmm�.(Giggles) �Yes.

J: What cant you live without?

N: I cant live without�..women.

J: Whats the first thing you wash when you�re in the shower?

N: Hehe!! Umm�.I cant answer that question

J: OK, we�ll pass on that question.

J: Do you fold or scrunch your toilet paper?

N: Uh�I dunno.

J: You�re a scruncher arent you?

N: Yeah.

J: What kind of car do you own?

N: It�s a Cadillac Espilade (????)

J: What celebrity would you like to have sex with?

N: HeHe!! (Giggles) You want me to be honest? First of all, I don�t do that stuff. Second of all� I�m just playing�.

What the heck is her name��Um, she�s from Australia. Dammit, she does that, like, Kiss Kiss song.

J: Ah! Holly Valance!

Cos she�s been over in London. You would have seen her over there?

N: Uh.hum�.Isnt she from Australia?

J: Yep, she�s an actress in Australia, and she�s just turned to music. But she�s got a boyfriend.

N: Oh Man!!

J: Sorry, everyone�s taken!

N: What the hell, I�ve been single for a year and a half, and I�m all lonely.

J: Oh no, we�ll have to put in a good word with Holly, and who knows what will happen there, hey?

J: Have you ever stolen anything from your parents?

N: Have I ever stolen anything from my parents, of course.

J: Like money and stuff?

N: Yeah, when I was younger.

J: Have you ever gotten yourself blind? And done something stupid?

N: Got myself BLIND???

J: Yeah, like drunk.

N: Umm�hehe�..Yeah, I dunno.

J: At what age were you first with a girl sexually?

N: Good Lord!!

J: Sorry, these are his questions, not mine.

N: I plead the Fifth.

J: OK, what type of aftershave do you use?

N: After what??

J: You know, cologne.

N: OMG, I thought you said "After SEX!!"

Sorry, aftershave? I don�t wear after shave.

J: OK, so do you wear boxers or full briefs?

N: I wear boxers

J: What was the last CD you bought?

N: I just bought the Weezers album.

J: Which celebrity would you kill if you had to?

N: Would I kill? Uh�.I�d never kill anybody.

J: OK, so which celebrity would you punch, if you had to?

N: Umm, which celebrity would I punch? Uh�whoever wanted to fight!!

J: So there are no celebrities out there that annoy you?

N: No, not really. If anyone�s got a problem with me, they should tell me. I love a good fight!!

J: Well, there you go, Nick Carter your Minute of Power is up. Well done!

N: All right!

News Page
Main Page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -