Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson Set for Chicago

Source: Broadway

Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson is set to make his Broadway debut in Chicago. The pop star will begin performances as sleazy lawyer Billy Flynn on January 20, a production spokesperson confirmed to Broadway.com.

Richardson and cousin Brian Littrell, two of the five Backstreet Boys, began singing together when they were just children. Richardson met Howie Dorough, A.J. McLean and Nick Carter while working at Disney World, and the rest is history. The Backstreet Boys began their rise to international stardom in 1996 when their self-titled album was released in Europe. (An American version of the album would follow a year later.) Hits from the recording included "Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart)," "As Long as You Love Me," "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)," "I'll Never Break Your Heart" and "All I Have to Give." Their American follow-up album, Millennium, was released in 1999 and debuted at number one on the Billboard sales charts. The albums spawned the hits "I Want It That Way," "Larger Than Life," "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely," and "The One." The band has also released the less-successful Christmas Album and Black & Blue. In total the group's record sales have topped $71 million.

Billy Zane, currently appearing as Flynn, will play his last performance on January 19. Richardson, who is scheduled to star in Chicago through March 9, will begin performances at the Shubert Theatre and then transfer with the Tony Award-winning revival to the Ambassador Theatre on January 29.

News Page
Main Page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -