Transcript of a Brian interview on WKYT

Source: Full credit and thanks go to Leisha
Sam Dick (reporter): Well, when you do a google internet search and type in the name Brian Littrell, you will find over 39 thousand matches! That's how big Lexington's own Backstreet Boy has become. But, as Dave Baker found in this exculsive visit Littrell's fame has not changed this hometown hero

Brian Littrell: My mom gave me a quote when I was 18 and left home, she said, "You can get your feet wet, just don't drown." And I've carried that with me for ten years now :laughs:

Dave Baker: Long before Backstreet Boys sold millions of CDs and became international heart throbs Brian Littrell developed a love of singing just like the imcomperable Elvis. And like so many of us Littrell's first performing memories come from a Sunday morning in church.

Brian Littrell: As a child I went to Rosemont Baptist Church. I started going to Porter Memorial uh, in my teenage years singing in the chior and chorus.

Dave Baker: That kinda grounding was crusial to survive the ride the Boys were about to take. Thier sucess began in Europe in the mid 90's and came across the pond to the states. 1999 gives you an idea in what these Boys were swept up in. "I Want It That Way" was #1 in the charts and the album Millennium sold 2 million copies in just over 3 weeks.

Brian Littrell: Later on in life with, with my chances of traveling and the things I've gotten to see and do in this world uh, has been amazing. It's been such an experience.

Dave Baker: That year the Backstreet Boys also had thier most successful tour. The Hollywood reporter, reported that all 39 dates sold out in just hours that's 765,000, for a total of 30 million dollars. Among the stops on the tour, Rupp Arena in Lexington.

Brian Littrell: The most outstanding moments for me was standing in Rupp Arena in Lexington and performing on stage to a sold out crowd and doing that two nights in a row was (Dave: oh yeah) was ya know that was the Millenium tour and, and it was just uh, an amazing feeling I always told my mom, "I'm going to play in Rupp Arena" .. :short pause: I ment on the hard wood! I wanted to be a Kentucky Wildcat. :laughs: I ended up playing in Rupp Arena so just a different kind of floor. :laughs:

Dave Baker: It's been more than a year since the Backstreet Boys has been on stage and Brian's life has changed plenty. He and his wife, Leighanne, are the proud parents of a 12 week old son, Baylee. Thier living the life of quiet and everyday parents far away from the bright lights and big cities.

Brian Littrell: My wife grew up in Marietta, Georgia and um so that's why she brought me home to um to Atlanta. We saw this place in the dead of winter. There wasn't a leaf on a tree and it was the ugliest it could've ever looked and it was beautiful then.

Dave Baker: Even though so much has happened Brian still keeps up on the place he calls home. Helping out on community projects, cheering for the Wildcats, and believe it or not getting ready for his high school runion.

Brian Littrell: Getting ready to go back uh, for my 10 year runion. So, I'm uh :starts craking up: I'll see how everybody did :laughs harder:

Dave Baker: Are you going to have to wear one of those name tags?

Brian Littrell: :laughs: Hi :laughs: I'm :hehehe: Brian :hahahha: I don't know :haha: I would hope I wouldn't have to. But, ya know I'll try to remember everybody elses name. It's funny how everybody knows mine.

Sam Dick: And that they do. Tonight at 11 on News First, news about the future of the Backstreet Boys and how Littrell is giving his time and energy to help his Kentucky fans. We hope you'll tune in for that coming up at 11.

... And that's the transcript! Again, I'm so sorry it did take me so long to post this. I'll have another transcript for the 11 o'clock news. 'Til then!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!

Captures from the video

News Page
Main Page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -