Brian Interview Transcript from Q100 Atlanta
Source: Sent to my by Fleur, credit to Littrell Fans

DJ: Brian Littrell joined us yesterday to talk about that, and also what its like to be a new dad and also a Q100 exclusive, what's going on with the Backstreet Boys. They're gonna be hitting the studio here in January. We haven't talked to you in about 6 months or so?

Brian: Yeah, its been a little while, how's Crash doing?

DJ: Still married.

Brian: Still married. That's lovely.

DJ: How's your 11 month old, man?

Brian: He's a blessing I'll tell ya, he's a joy. You never know what kind of person you are until you're a parent.

DJ: Let me ask you a quick parenting question.

Brian: Ok

DJ: Is he still getting up in the middle of the night, crying for 60 seconds and then going back to sleep?

Brian: He does do that. He would do that because of the teething and their sinuses because the teething effects the sinuses.

DJ: Our's wakes up on 2 different occasions. a) spontaniously out of nowhere. and the other one is he's so restless when he's sleeping he crashes into the side of his crib so hard I swear he's gonna knock the thing over.

Brian: Do you have bumper pads?

DJ: Oh sure. we'll not in the crib though they told us those were kinda dangerous.

Brian: Oh geez

DJ: Yeah everything's dangerous

Brian: Laughs

DJ: we couldn't have it in the crib because apparently the kid could get stuck between the bumper gaurd and the side of the crib so...(Can't catch next part. DJ's talking over each other)

DJ: Wanna talk to you about this thing MJ was talking about last night played on the Radio Music Awards, you hear about this?

Brian: Didn't hear about this... (sounds confused, lol)

DJ: apparently a project you guys were involved in about 2 years ago on a song with you, maybe NSYNC was in on it and also Mariah Carey and it never got released. Called What more can I give after the 9/11 attacks, ring a bell?

Brian: Uh no. (sounds even more confused)

DJ: Really?

Brian: yeah, I don't know anything about it. I normally know when I sing on a record.

Laughing

DJ: cause I was reading a release about it today and it said that you guys were involved in that and that he was going to sell it for scientology,

Laughing

DJ: Another freaky MJ story.

Brian: I don't know, I mean I keep up with the guys but we don't talk about things from an individual stand point. But maybe one of the guys contributed something to one of his records you know and now he's using the Backstreet Boy name you know as part of the involement.

DJ: MJ's just nuts.

Brian: That'll work also. Laughs. Well he's lived a crazy life. I don't know, I'm an entertainer as well so I'll plead the fifth on that one.

DJ: There probably would have been a time in your life where you would have wanted to attach your name to a MJ project and now I would imagine you really gotta think twice about it.

Brian: Well its tough. I mean the guy is a little weird.

DJ: He's a little weird??!!

Brian: I mean he's a wonderful musician, writer and producer and things like that I think that makes him so... what he is. Laughs.

DJ: He's a LOT weird dude.

Lots of laughing

DJ: He's fantastic singer, writer, producing all things like that but I doubt he'll be babysitting any one of your sons anytime soon

Brian: No, probably not.

DJ: You know he's successful in what he's done.

DJ: Can you tell us about this big basketball event you're playing in (something like that anyway, lol)

Brian: Yeah, its this coming Saturday. There's gonna be some celebs there, entertainers and artists, people of that nature and we're gonna be playing in a basketball game after the Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers game on Saturday night.

DJ: And the list of celebrities that are gonna be at this game afterwards is like a mile long. I mean you've got Ruben Studdard, Nick Carter also from the BSB who will be there a bunch of TV celebrities Bill Belamy's gonna be there, Dean Cain, Frankie Muniz from Macolm in the Middle.

Brian: Brian Mcknight

DJ: Brian Mcknight, Coolio's gonna be there. so it'll be fun, its gonna be a good game. You gonna go right over Frankie Muniz, right over the top?

Brian: Laughing

DJ: You know you can't dunk over that guy.

Brian: You know, I played in another charity event out in Phoenix, Arizona with uh... Malcolm (laughs) and uh he's actually gots some handling, he's pretty good.

DJ: Is he really?

Brian: He's actually pretty good.

DJ: Does he use elbows?

Brian: um, no he doesn't have a lot of weight on him he uh (laughs) but he's pretty talented with the Rock.

DJ: And you're gonna come by Bert's big adventure?

Brian: Yeah

DJ: And the box also?

Brian: Yeah that's a great thing you're doing Bert (Couldn't catch next part, Brian laughed again!)

Brian: auctioning off those tickets. i might have to put in a bid.

DJ: Here's the deal if you don't know what's going on. We have a suite at the Hawks game Ruben's gonna be there hanging out Brian Littrell's gonna be there, Nick Carter's also gonna hang out. And any one of those Alisters that Brian rattled off before may stop by as well but we've got commitments for sure out of Ruben Nick and Brian. The suite is gonna be stocked with food and no acholic beverages. So that's gonna be taken care of and basically your gonna be sitting around watching the Hawks game on Saturday night playing with all these Alisters. $500, we're selling them in four pack of tickets. We're selling them in four pack and then all the money is going to Bert's big event so Brian, we sure do appreciate you helping us out there man.

Brian: No Problem, no problem.

DJ: And if you're interested in that you can go to all the hits q100atlanta.com for more information. You looking for a quick question from a listener?

Brian: Yeah.

DJ: OK.

DJ: Morning all the hits q100.

Girl: Hi, I just wanna know how the rest of the guy are doing, especially AJ becuase he was just like the hottest guy ever, not that you're not, (Brian I think laughing) you know because of the problem that he had before you know

Brian: Actaully AJ's doing really well. I spoke to him 2 days ago and he is in Orlando, his mom uh, his mom's getting married November 1st actually the day that we're playing the game here in Atlanta so he's gonna be down there and then... I was trying to twist his arm about maybe stopping by Atlanta on the way back to LA and maybe we could play some golf or something but uh he's was like I'll think about it, I'll think about it but he's doing really well. And on the guys tip with the group I'm actually talking with the guys and nothing's set in stone just yet but you hear it first on Q100 about possibly the guys getting back into the studio at the beginning of the year and making another record so...

Girl: Great. That would be the greatest thing ever.

Brian: Well I think so too. And we, like you said, we've touched a lot of lives and that's what means the most and doing something that we love.

DJ: Do one of you guys start calling the others up and say 'you know what, let's do this again in January or is it a whole bunch of agents involved or is the record label pressuring you?

Brian: I had a meeting 2 weeks ago with the, I call it the mother company which is BMG. BMG owns Jive, our record label and they were talking to me about.. I was actually discussing some solo things and things that I wanna move forward with in my business as a solo artist and they mentioned that they were trying to look forward to a Backstreet record and that they would love to get a Backstreet record and they kinda used me as the uh, the spokesperson (laughs) for the group to kinda reach out to the other guys so that's actually what I've been doing um, and I think it would be great if we could make another record and I think that there's a lot of fans out there that miss our music and come next month Novemeber it;ll be 2 years since we've had an original release (my note, its 3 years actually) so...

DJ: Which Backstreet Boy is gonna be the toughest sell on all you guys getting back into the studio in January and doing another CD?

Brian: Hmmmmm um well right now um I've got everybody agreeing that uh we'll make another record.

DJ: Right

Brian: Obviously there's a lot of things that could hold that up with the label, with agents, with managers. Its just like you said there's a lot that goes on with making a decision so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that we don't have any hold outs (laughs)

DJ: Well if you need any help call us here.

Brian: I will.

DJ: Anything we can do to help you out because you're helping out Bert's Big adventrue on Saturday man.

Brian: No problem. That's a great thing.

DJ: Its great talking to you, it always is.

Brian: Good talking to you too.

News Page
Main Page

Brian Thomas Littrell ~ The Golden Voiced Backstreet Boy
- Established Jan 1999 -