Venue Location Date (mm/dd)
AmSouth Amphitheatre
3839 Murfreesboro Rd
Antioch, TN 37013-2215
06/06
US Geological Survey Aerial View of Venue
From Kentucky
Take I-65 South to I-24 East to Chattanooga. Follow I-24 to Exit 62, Old Hickory Blvd., or Exit 64, Waldron Road.  If you turn on Exit 62, turn left onto Old Hickory and go to the third traffic light (Murfreesboro Pike). Turn right and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be located on your right. If you turn on Exit 64, turn left onto Waldron Road until it dead-ends into Murfreesboro Pike. Turn left onto Murfreesboro Pike and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be on your left. 

From Chattanooga
Take I-24 West to Nashville. Take Exit 64, take a right on Waldron Road. Turn left onton Waldron Road until it dead-ends into Murfreesboro Pike. Turn left onto Murfreesboro Pike and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be on your left. 

From Knoxville
Take I-40 West to I-24 East to Chattanooga. Follow I-24 to Exit 62, Old Hickory Blvd., or Exit 64, Waldron Road. If you turn on Exit 62, turn left onto Old Hickory and go to the third traffic light (Murfreesboro Pike). Turn right and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be located on your right. If you turn on Exit 64, turn left onto Waldron Road until it dead-ends into Murfreesboro Pike. Turn left onto Murfreesboro Pike and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be on your left. 

From Memphis
Take I-40 East to I-24 East to Chattanooga. Follow I-24 to Exit 62, Old Hickory Blvd., or Exit 64, Waldron Road. If you turn on Exit 62, turn left onto Old Hickory and go to the third traffic light (Murfreesboro Pike). Turn right and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be located on your right. If you turn on Exit 64, turn left onto Waldron Road until it dead-ends into Murfreesboro Pike. Turn left onto Murfreesboro Pike and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be on your left. 

From Alabama
Take I-65 North to Old Hickory Blvd. Follow Old Hickory east until it turns into Bell Road. Follow Bell Road to I-24 East to Chattanooga. Follow I-24 to Exit 62, Old Hickory Blvd., or Exit 64, Waldron Road. If you turn on Exit 62, turn left onto Old Hickory and go to the third traffic light (Murfreesboro Pike). Turn right and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be located on your right. If you turn on Exit 64, turn left onto Waldron Road until it dead-ends into Murfreesboro Pike. Turn left onto Murfreesboro Pike and AmSouth Amphitheatre will be on your left. 

Contributor Keith Smith reports on the closest hotel:

Ramada Inn
1001 Bell Rd
Antioch, Tennessee 37013-3105
Property Phone: 615-731-8540

Reservation Phone Number:1-888-298-2054
Additional Phone: 1-800-824-3518

Map at left indicates Ramada at "Start" and venue at "End".
Take Bell Rd from Ramada to Murfreesboro Rd, then south to venue.  Distance 5.2 miles.

US 1 on map is incorrect.   It should say "41".

Contributor Buddy Duke reports an even CLOSER hotel, 2.5 miles from the venue:

Best Wetern Music City Inn
13010 Old Hickory Blvd
Antioch TN 37013
Tel:  615-641-7721
reservations: 800-780-7234
Fax: 615-641-6263

Map at left indicates Best Western at "Start" and venue at "End".  Distance 2.5 Miles.
US 1 on map is incorrect.   It should say "41".

When you get off of I-24 East at Exit 62 you'll turn left (there are two left hand turn lanes...stay in the far left one) and you'll cross over the interstate and there will be another red light right. Look to your left.  There's an entrance between the Texaco and the Amoco stations. Should you pass it by accident, no problem. There's another entrance at the very next light, directly across from Firestone Parkway (not the other side of Firestone as the online map depicts. If you're coming up I-24 West, when you get off at Exit 62 and you're at the light...just look straight ahead, you can't possibly miss it.

Apparantly the 'City Limits Resteraunt and Lounge', which is a part of the motel, isn't open on Sundays at all, so the only thing I could get on it is the phone number. (615) 641-2800

please send additions and corrections to W Taber

BACK TO ITF_2000