Hi! My story is very simple. I'm a department of Justice employee who has been discriminated against due to my deafness..............and I continue to be discriminated against to this day! I work in a hostile environment due to the discrimination and the long term effects of almost 25 years. I am currently being trained by my department to enter the paralegal field - in an effort to accommodate my request for a transfer to a more congenial setting. At present my life is constantly in danger from co-workers who remain steadfast in their jealousy of my training. There are three or four individuals who I presently fear. But I have attempted to turn this fear into a productive concept............and part of that is the reason I developed the website located at http://www.webnetimage.com/irishman. At present, the site is located on a server that is having sever problems loading, This should be resolved in the next week. I'd like to share with you a sample of just one of the travesties that goes on for the physically challenged in a government office. In order to "hear" my telephone on my desk at work, I am required to be constantly vigilant and "watch" for the "blinking" monitor on the telephone's dial face. Yesterday I must have been intensely concentrating on my work at hand, and didn't notice an incoming call. A co-worker picked up the call on her phone, and it happened to be my 70 year old mother who has arterial fibrillation. I have constantly requested that if a call from my mother comes in, and I do not "hear" it, to notify me immediately since I'm her only support option at times, This employee did not do that though, instead she told my mother that "She's not answering her phone". When I heard this from my mother later, I asked if she had gotten the name of the individual who answered the phone. She said no, but she would if it happened again............which it did..............today. So now I have a documented note from my mother regarding the event, and the name of the individual. However when I release these on Monday, I guarantee that she will not suffer any of the disciplinary actions that any "normal" person such as I would have to endure if the tables were turned. So I have one question left to ask. Where is the "fairness" for the deaf person? Must we also be impacted by stupid people who refuse to accept us as we are? Are we always to be held up to ridicule? Sincerely, Dorothy M. Balesh omulhall@concentric.net