Germantown, MD 20876 18 May 1998 Chief Justice William Rehnquist Supreme Court One First Street, NE Washington, DC 20543 Dear Honorable Judge Rehnquist, This formal letter explains what happened to me. My name is {Donald Duck} and am a citizen of the United States of America since birth. I am 65 years old, but am as active as a 50-year-old. In 1991, I was laid off from the American Pharmaceutical Association, 2215 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20036 by Jim McGhee. Mr. McGhee was the new supervisor replacing Marilyn Povich because of age and salary. I was hired by Ms Povich, when she indicated (in 1986) that I was too experienced to work on computers. After a short time, I was hired on a freelance basis thru Freelance Pool Inc. in Washington, DC (which was no longer in business in 1988. In the meantime, I began to love my work at the American Pharmaceutical Association very much and gained experience. My salary was raised high every year for five years, starting at 13 dollars per hour and ending at 16.10 dollars per hour before I was laid off. After that, it was very difficult for me to obtain a full time job. I have worked so hard mailing resumes and copies of samples of seven years' work. They cost of postage fees, paper and copies was very expensive. I was really very tired of being frustrated a lot in my life. In 1993, my mind said I want to work, but no body wanted me to work for them. This is because I am deaf and older. In 1994, I received several calls from the companies that they were selecting me because they were interested in my resumes, but when I was at the interviews, they looked at my person ( which looks I am too old) and then they will call me in a few days to a few weeks, they never acted to call me. but I have to call them for the results, some of them replied that they hired other candidate and some did not respond my calls back. I have filed several complaints at human rights and EEOC but they denied because of no proof or lack of evidence, that I felt discriminated against these companies because of deafness and age. They do not believe what I told them the truth. Otherwise, I am on disability and worked a part time job, but not steady, and manage my budget in a hard time of my life since I was laid off in 1991. I do really want to stay at American Pharmaceutical Association permanently as long as I am. Its because, again, I am still very active. Besides, I have a very difficult financial situation by managing to pay the home mortgage, as long as I like to keep this townhouse and now I have behind three months payments because of not employed steady. This is the letter what I want to explain you all the judges, president, senators. I felt that ADA and/or EEOC is not enough to enforce the disabled/senior age candidates to work, any private companies must hire the disabled or senior citizen first in priority like the federal government offices. And again, I request your supreme court to place me back to work at American Pharmaceutical Association and continue to work as long as I am in action. I want to thank you to read my important letter that explain you why I am not hired so long, as long as I want to work but no body wants me to work. Honorable yours Donald Duck (which is not real name) CC: President Clinton, U.S. Senator Harlan, Maryland Senator Sarbane, Channel 7 News/I-Team, ADA , EEOC, and National Association of Deaf, Law Center