Hi Richard, I do appreciate very much for your fine efforts into Deaf Activities & Politics for our Deaf Communities. I am speaking of Deaf Task Force issue if any of you take it in a care of? My name is John Loy Estes, 41, and was once deaf family residence of Baldwin Park in Los Angeles county before relocated to Mt. Shasta. I am a native of Los Angeles. I am a CSDR alumni, class of 1975. I believe that I am one of victims who was involuntarily laid off due to corporate downsizing in January 1994. Since that experience, my instinct keeps telling me that all was awful wrong and against my labor right. It was all due to possibly wrongful termination of my behalf. It was been denial to the labor law and enjoyed their corporate infrastructure politics to maintain their cover-up for my case. At Aerospace Corporation (a non-profit private independence firm) in El Segundo, I was been 15 years administrative data system programmer for Administrative Information System Department (AISD), perhaps by now changed to Management Information System Department. I was only one and first deaf who is "white collar" working in the Aerospace Corporation for 15 years! In 1992, I was transferred temporarily to Publications and Briefings Department in hoping to get a new permanent position with Department Head of PBS. More than a year I never get the new position because the job required complete different tasks and responsibilities than I did in AISD. I was told that it was called a "float" job that their intention is accomplished my layoff in blaming to fiscal year fund budget cutting 40M from their average annual $350M. My question is why AISD, in first place, did not want me back to continue my old position after PBS started to downsizing their labors and failed to give me a new job position in PBS. After one year of my layoff, I visited my AISD for their annual favorite Christmas Pot Luck Luncheon, I happened to spot a new disabled guy with a wheelchair that now works in the place of my job!! And moreover, their job opening for my former position was posted for more than a year and yet none filled the job. My question is why they not re-hire me a job back to AISD! Perhaps it was useless in the effort to make a legal action against The Aerospace Corporation for the wrongful termination because of my deafness. Because I get no support for a lawsuit case against The Aerospace Corporation from outside sources and even G.L.A.D., my case become weaker and weaker. Moreover, is that because my agreement settled to receive my severance benefit that canceled all my rights against the Aerospace Corporation? I need some supports and guides to help my lawsuit case in properly processing that helps to clear up my instincts and my labor rights for the lawsuit settlement. I do appreciate for your time to concern about this matter. I suggest that my experience must be very vivid to warn any deaf employees in such similar way of the corporate downsizing cover-up for possibly wrongful termination. To acquaint the Aerospace Corporation, may visit their website: http://www.aero.org The job position opening announced at: http://www.aero.org/employment/jobOpenings/req24402.html Hope to hear from you for your opinions soon. Do appreciate your support if any. Sincerely yours, J. Loy Estes NTID Graduate in A.A.S. 1978 Business Technology - Data Processing loy@snowcrest.net