Project Orange Neptune

Rescuing The Deaf From Hospitals

Project Orange Neptune will FREE THE DEAF PEOPLE from mental institutions

"There is no evidence to suggest that there is any greater occurrence of mental illness in the Deaf population. But, poor diagnosis, miscommunication and misguided treatment programmes have resulted in the gross over-representation of Deaf people in mental hospitals"

A study by Timmermans (1989) identified that whereas hearing patients had remained in psychiatric hospital for an average of 148 days, Deaf patients' average stay was 19.5 years.

Quote Source : National Deaf Services (UK)

Deaf Victims

Click on images to see their stories

Kathy Buckley's Story Junius Wilson's StoryArtie Martinez's StoryDONT LET THIS BE YOURS!

Official Positions

L.C. v. Olmstead

FROM THE STRAWMAN

15 of the most COMMON styles of Distorted Thinking

THE STRAWMAN'S CORNER

HOSPITAL DECERTIFICATION PROGRAM

This program is carried out by some of our volunteers who canvas mental hospitals for patients with hearing disabilities. Once a hospital is found to carry these patients, our volunteers would check on the quality of service and living conditions. If the conditions are found to be substandard and/or the patient(s) has made indications to our volunteers he/she wishes to get out, our volunteers will attempt to get the patient(s) out through legal channels. If we fail to secure the freedoms of such patient(s) through legal channels, we will push for the decertification of the hospital that is holding the patient(s) against their will using whatever means available to us.

PATIENTS LIBERATED

DECERTIFICATION 'SORTIES' CARRIED OUT

HOSPITALS DECERTIFIED

Now Recruiting!

Because WE can count on Project Orange Neptune, Deaf Watch can count on ME!

YES, I want to help!

I want to help you free the Deaf people that are languishing in mental hospitals because they deserve a better life.

My Name:
My Address:
City/State/Zip:

My Email:

My Phone:

I'll help Project Neptune by...

By setting up a state chapter
Becoming a watchdog of a local mental hospital
I want to help but I dont know what to do to help
Making a donation

Other ways I can help....

THANK YOU!