Deaf Watch Newsletter (ADDRESS) Deaf@Activist.com February 7, 1998 US Representative Loretta Sanchez 12397 Lewis Street, Suite 101 Garden Grove, CA 92840-4695 To the Honorable Loretta Sanchez, I am very happy you finally got that nagging Dornan from your back but be warned that his little green ghost is about to haunt you in congress. That ghost is HR 1428. It's time to put your proton pack on and eradicate a little green ghost called Voter Eligibility Verification Act from congress. 'Motor voter' law is one of the best ways to encourage U.S. citizens to exercise an easily accomplishable duty and that is to vote. With Voter Eligibility Verification Act (HR 1428) flying around in congress like a mad green ghost, it threatens to weaken 'motor voter' law and SCARE people from registering to vote. I have seen a number of disabled people register to vote at the same time they renewed their licenses. I see 'motor voter' law as an effective means to remind our disabled citizens of their right to vote. Let's keep it the way it is now and put this little green ghost in the ghost trap! The disability community is one of the largest and most underrepresented groups in the in the nation. We at Deaf Watch Newsletter thank you very much for your time to read this letter and anticipate your response. Deaf Watch will continue to aggressively pursue justice, fairness, and equality for the Deaf Community as it has been doing since November 1996. We have chosen that EDUCATION is the best way accomplish this objective. Sincerely, Richard Roehm Chief Editor Deaf Watch Newsletter