Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center (Snipped) Deaf@Activist.com September 25, 1998 The Honorable Loretta Sanchez United States House of Representatives Washington, D.C. 20510 RE : Rep. Livingston's amendment to the Labor/HHS Appropriations bill HR 4274 Dear Loretta Sanchez: Congressman Bob Livingston (R-LA) has attached a amendment to HR 4274 which is scheduled for a vote very soon. This amendment will drastically reduce enforcement of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and gut protections for children with disabilities. I know you support the rights of children with disabilities and I must remind you to vote against the Livingston amendment to HR 4274! You already demonstrate that you are a good friend of people with disabilities. I applaud your efforts to protect our rights. The disability community is one of the largest and most underrepresented groups in the State as well in the nation. We thank you very much for your time to read this letter and anticipate your support. Sincerely, Richard Roehm Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center