DEAF WORKERS OF ORANGE COUNTY PROJECT -- DEAF WORKERS WEEKLY BULLETIN -- December 12, 1998 Greetings, This week, a week I had to cope with loss. When a skeptical comrade decides to call it quits in the midst of a mission, it deals the community a strong blow and it also strikes me hard. This comrade had a mind of her own and people that have their own minds are valuable assets. Independent thinking is always cherished. A puppet system is a disgrace. As I previously indicated, my zeal is ultra aggressive. Some people I have worked with tend to be afraid of my techniques. Let them be afraid of the new tools I'm testing! It is time to start using new tools of enforcement to replace the slow dragging legal system that works against the disability community 92 percent of the time. I am a pioneer, everyone involved with my projects are also pioneers. We are going to places where no one with a disability has gone before. We are experimenting with new tools no one has used before. This is what my zeal is all about, inventing new tools to use in a new brand of advocacy. Of course we have skeptics. We have to have them. They may whine, scream, or freak out whenever new methods of advocacy are tested. Yet they prepare us for whatever adversive action. This is how our shields are strengthened. It is important we have these people on board. I have tested these tools at a new 99-cent store in Santa Ana. It worked well! It is much quicker and more effective than the legal system we already have. Thanks to these tools I've invented, people in wheelchairs are now able to patronize this store with greater ease. This operation lasted 20 hours long after negotiations that lasted 3 weeks failed to yield positive results. Once testing of the new tools is complete, there will be no room for negotiations and swift justice will prevail for all of us. I will be using new weapons in the war to make society better for people with all kinds of disabilities. This is essential if the disability community are ever to be independent. An independent lifestyle for people with disabilities saves taxpayer dollars because people are contributors to their community, not dependents. If the skeptics want out, then let them leave. Later on they will realize their mistake of being a quitter. Winners never quit and quitters never win! Are YOU a QUITTER or a WINNER? Richard Roehm ---- 1.6 MILLION PEOPLE ON SSI AND SSDI WILL GET REVIEWS NEXT YEAR The Social Security Administration plans to review about 1,637,000 disability beneficiaries in fiscal year 1999, to see if they remain disabled. These are called "continuing disability reviews" or "CDRs." For more information: Social Security to Review One-fifth of Disability Beneficiaries in '99 http://www.disabilityfacts.com/resources/ssreview.html From www.disabilityfacts.com ---- 10 YEAR OLD DEAF BOY KILLED BY AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT It was the type of accident that occurs every day during rush hour. An accident that should do nothing more than dent some fenders and maybe cause a few bruises. But it killed 10-year-old Christian Jones when it forced an air bag to deploy in his face, causing massive head injuries, according to a deputy coroner. His family took him off life support at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley Tuesday evening. He leaves home, and within 15 minutes, he's laying comatose, said the boy's aunt, Nichole Vernon. He was brain-dead, and it was just a regular fender-bender. The death of a child who loved basketball and teaching his neighbors sign language again focuses attention on a device that can claim the lives it was designed to save. An air bag can move up to 200 mph in the fiftieth of a second it takes to inflate, according to a federal study. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 113 people, 66 of them children, have been killed by air bags since they were required in new cars in 1990. Children 12 and younger are advised to ride in the back seat. Though federal statistics show that air bags have saved nearly 3,500 lives, changes are already being made to make them safer. According to the CHP, Christian was riding with his father, Kingsley Jones, 41, in the family's 1995 Plymouth Voyager van. Christian, Vernon said, was on vacation from school and was going with his father to work at a photocopier company in Riverside. Traffic on westbound Highway 60 near Day Street in western Moreno Valley was typical for a Monday morning at 8:15. Heavy. Slow-moving. Stop-and-go. CHP investigators believe -- they are not certain -- that Christian may not have been wearing his shoulder-lap seat belt. When Kingsley momentarily took his eyes off the road and said something to his son, he didn't see the 1991 Eagle Premier stopped in front of him, CHP Officer Howard Lester said. The van hit the Premier at an estimated 15 to 20 mph. The Premier hit a 1987 Toyota Celica ahead of it. And that pushed the Celica into a 1994 Toyota Paseo. The collision caused the Voyager's air bags to inflate. Christian, who was apparently reaching down for something, was hit by the device, Vernon said. It's hard to say what extent a failure to wear a seat belt would have had, Lester said. &;It may have lessened his forward motion, but I'm not an expert in these matters. The experts, with what the CHP calls its Multi-Disciplinary Accident Investigation Team, may soon take over the probe, he said. Meanwhile, as the nation celebrates a day of thanksgiving, the Jones family is left to deal with its grief. Christian's parents were too distraught to talk about their second of four sons, Vernon said. Family and friends streamed into their Moreno Valley home to offer support and help make funeral arrangements for the 10-year-old who would have celebrated his 11th birthday next month. On top of the television was a school picture of Christian the family had just framed last week. He was a real happy-go-lucky kid, Vernon said. He loved to play basketball all the time, and he used to teach people how to sign. Signing was one way Christian communicated. He wore a hearing aid behind each ear after a case of measles at age 15 months robbed him of 75 percent of his hearing. His family moved to Moreno Valley from Baldwin Hills in Los Angeles about 15 months ago to be closer to Christian's school, the California School for the Deaf in Riverside, where Christian starred on his class basketball team. Vernon said the accident has made the family think about a device many people take for granted. Complaints about air bags led federal officials to allow the installation of air bag on-off switches in January 1998. But motorists must first receive authorization from the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration and qualify as an at-risk motorist. The switches can be installed at dealerships or authorized companies. To be eligible, a motorist must have a medical condition that could be aggravated if struck by an air bag; be unable to adjust the driving position to be at least 10 inches from the steering wheel; drive in a car pool that requires a child 12 or younger to ride in the front seat; or be unable to avoid putting a rear-facing infant seat in the front seat. Federal officials are also requiring the development of more advanced air bags with more sophisticated crash sensors to detect the speed of a crash and determine the height, weight and position of a passenger and if they are wearing a seat belt. People need to think about it before putting their kids in the car, Vernon said. (Source : Unknown) ---- FCC CHAIRMAN WILLIAM KENNARD ACCEPTS AWARD AT GALLY GALA Thank you, Claude, and TDI, for this prestigious award. I want to thank you, Claude, in particular, for the support, leadership and guidance you have provided me and my staff. And, thank you TDI, for 30 years of leadership on telecommunications access for all Americans, including the 54 million Americans with disabilities. When I was appointed Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission one year ago, I pledged to support the three Cs - competition, common sense and community. As I look at all of you tonight, leaders in telecommunications access, people of all colors, creeds, abilities -- even languages -- I think that it is appropriate that we talk about community. One of my favorite anecdotes of community in our nation's history, and I know this is one near and dear to your hearts, is the Martha's Vineyard story. Between the late 1600's and the early 1900's -- the community of Martha's Vineyard embraced diversity and inclusiveness. There was a high prevalence of deafness on the island, and in order for the community to function, everyone "spoke" sign language. Without a communication barrier, everyone could participate in the society. Even the Mayor of the island was deaf. During these years, hearing people often used sign language even when there was no deaf person present. For example, hearing fishermen found that sign language was the only way they could communicate with each other on the large ships, because of the Atlantic's loud winds. The people of Martha's Vineyard insisted on communication accessibility. Everyone was included. We need to see more of that passion for accessibility and inclusion today. And here we are, in this beautiful conference center, at our nation's historic Gallaudet University, celebrating TDI's 30th anniversary. All anniversaries compel us to look at the past on anniversaries. And when I think about how far we've come in the past, 30 years and compare it with today -- we've come a long way, baby! I hope to have a chance while I'm here to tour the Lee Brody TTY Museum. I have heard stories of the old TTY's, like the Model 28 and the Lorenz, that would come up to my waist, and weigh 500 pounds. Does anyone remember those dinosaurs? However, as large and cumbersome as they were, they still provided you much needed access to telecommunications. And they are a part of your heritage that I deeply respect. Anniversaries are also times to look forward, set goals and dream of the future. I am here tonight to reaffirm my commitment to telecommunications access and equality. As long as I am Chairman of the FCC, I promise to emulate the community of Martha's Vineyard where all ways of communication are welcome and encouraged. I do have expectations for accessibility and the future. The telecommunications industry is in the midst of a great revolution. It is a revolution that promises to allow us to communicate anytime, anyplace, in any mode --voice, data, image, video, and multimedia. It includes using intelligent, programmable wireline and wireless networks and associated end user equipment. One can envision two possible outcomes from such a revolution. On the one hand, properly harnessed, these networks and devices create a potent platform upon which to serve the needs of all of our citizens, including those with disabilities. They create new and expanded opportunities for accessibility and inclusiveness. On the other hand, if these powerful new platforms are not designed, developed and fabricated to be accessible to --and usable by --individuals with disabilities, then, as they evolve, people with disabilities will become isolated rather than empowered. I am here tonight to reaffirm my personal commitment to making sure that it is the former outcome that is achieved. I expect that --nay, I will insist that --as the technology is designed and developed, accessibility will be an integral part of that process. In that way, peoples with disabilities will be included rather than isolated and empowered rather than marginalized. This TDI Expo, Meeting the Communications Challenge, is a celebration of the proliferation of all the technologies that we use every day -- captioning, telephones, pagers, TTY's, video telephony, relay services. I want to commend consumers and industry for their participation at the Expo. I would like to see more opportunities like this -- where the disability community and industry can have meaningful dialogue and interaction on technologies and accessibility. We have a long road ahead before we reach full accessibility. To meet the communications challenge, I need your help. Please continue to participate in our processes. Continue to tell me what you need to have full accessibility and equality. Continue to hold TDI Expo's where consumers and industry communicate on technology and accessibility. Together, as a community, we can and will succeed. Thank you. ---- DEAF EXPO '98 AT ONTARIO, CALIFORNIA ATTRACTS 8,771 NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA-- (8 December, 1998) - The Ontario Convention Center, a 50-minute drive east of Los Angeles, California was the site of Deaf Expo's sixth annual show held November 13-15, 1998. Taking place in a brand new state-of-the-art facility across the street from the sold-out official hotel Ontario Airport Marriott, show patrons from 28 states plus California and three countries immersed themselves in many varied activities and exhibits. Many new programs were offered at Deaf Expo '98 which was sponsored by Bank of America, General Motors Corporation, Sprint-California Relay Service and Ultratec, Inc. Among these offerings were the 'Deafinitely Fashion Show' by Goodwill Deaf Services of Long Beach, autograph signings by Penny Warner, author of 'Dead Body Language' and 'Sign of Foul Play' from Bantam Books, the Museum of Deaf Inventions by Jonathan Oakley, a Hearing Signal Dog demonstration by Dogs for the Deaf, ASL Poetry by Deanna Bray and Bob Arnold, and The Bob Daniels Show by CRS-Sprint. There were 134 exhibits at Deaf Expo '98, an increase of 2 booths over the last 'off-year' show - Deaf Expo '96 at Anaheim. Exhibitors marveled at the pleasant decor of the Exhibit Hall which was divided into nine Exhibit Categories and also featured the popular 'Caption TV Orientation Project' at which were displayed thirteen 27-inch TV sets and a free brochure with checklists on shopping for a Caption TV. The food concession area was packed full of people who could also sit and watch performances on the Deaf World stage. The 'Deaf Stunt Bicycle Show' by Anthony Yourgulez and Gary Clark was a tremendous hit. They also signed autographs and donated 50% of the proceeds to the ASL Ranch which also received over $1,000 in donations. Technology continued to be a primary focus at Deaf Expo '98. The TTY Museum was incorporated this year into a new and revamped 'Communications Challenge: Past & Future' display which also included Philips Internet TV, a Web TV version that enables users to use a regular TV set to access e-mail and the Internet without use of computers. Exhibitors in the Technology category demonstrated new Ultratec Superprint Pro80 models with large-print and two- line displays, Global demonstrated their new 'I Love You' vibrating alarm clock and Ameriphone showed a protype of their upcoming mini-TTY. Wynd Communications, who was the exclusive wireless service provider of Deaf Expo '98, explained their new 'TTYReply' service. Also notable was a hot tub dealer, and 'Why Deaf & Hearing People See The Same Thing So Differently' by Fred Gravatt during the Seminars program. Both Friday and Saturday evening entertainment events were well received. Produced by Lisa Hermatz-Chahayed with set designer Don Baer, the 'Deaf FlashBack' party at the hotel on Friday event was set up like a Deaf Club with tables & chairs, a mini-stage in one corner with open-captioned music videos and a video jockey coordinating vibrating music and disco lighting on stage with a fog machine. On Saturday night at the Convention Center Ballroom after dinner, Canadians Angela Petrone Stratiy and Bob Whitford had everyone laughing hard at how "visually-impaired" hearing people are followed by a jazzy performance from the Deafywood Production Company. When contacted after the Deaf Expo '98 weekend, president David Rosenbaum said that logistics for Deaf Expo becomes more complicated each year. "We've become THE event of the year in the Deaf Community," he explained, "People have higher expectations from us to produce bigger and better activities each year!" Final attendance figures showed 7,333 patrons on Saturday and 1,438 on Sunday which is an 8% increase over Deaf Expo '97. Rumors of an incident at the Ontario Airport Marriott on Saturday evening were greatly exaggerated although a deaf person did hit a hotel employee and it was jointly decided to ask nearly 2,000 non-hotel guests to leave the hotel to avoid a potential fire code violation. The ChildCare program coordinated by Stephanie Johnson continued to be in demand as parents of both Deaf and hearing children put them in ChildCare so they could browse the exhibits. The Jewish Deaf Community Center (JDCC) sponsored a moonbounce again this year. "Deaf Expo has become a coalition of businesses and organizations in the Deaf Community which comes together once a year to show its unity," Rosenbaum adds. As one webmaster declared on the internet on November 21st, "Deaf people from many parts of the USA and some parts of the globe came to Ontario for 3 days of chatting, hugging, laughing, partying, learning, and spending. All this was done in the spirit of community, unity, and peace…" Deaf Expo '98 is coordinated by EF Training Center, Inc. (EFTC), a non- profit 501(c)(3) organization manned by persons who are Deaf or hard of hearing. Show organizers have announced that Deaf Expo '99 will take place at the San Diego Concourse on November 19-21st. For information or to subscribe to Deaf USA, the official DEAF EXPO publication, write to EFTC, 7712 Lankershim Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA 91605-2815, TTY: 818/764-4311 (Voice Relay 1-888-877-5379), FAX: 818/764-4066, E-Mail: DEAFEXPO@aol.com or visit them at http://www.DEAFEXPO.ORG ---- MASSACHUSETTES JUDGES RULES FOR DISABLED YOUTH CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) -- A youth attending an out-of-town school because of a reading disability can play hockey for his hometown high school, a judge ruled. The ruling Tuesday could greatly affect special needs students, advocates for the disabled said. The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association had refused several times to waive its rule and allow 18-year-old Jason Galofaro of Hudson to play for Hudson High School. The MIAA rule, intended to keep schools from stacking their teams with good athletes from outside their districts, required students to play for the school they attend. Galofaro is a senior at Keefe Technical-Vocational High School in Framingham, which has only a junior varsity hockey team. He said he would have no hope of being recruited by colleges and possibly getting a hockey scholarship if he remained on the Keefe team. Not allowing Galofaro to play for Hudson discriminated against him because of his disability, Judge Herman Smith ruled in Middlesex Superior Court. Galofaro would be eligible to play for Hudson High if he were not disabled and would lose a great deal if not allowed to play, while the MIAA would ``suffer no significant harm,'' Smith said. ``This is the best Christmas present Jason could get,'' said his mother, Rose Galofaro. ``This boy eats, sleeps and breathes hockey. ... He was so used to being told no, he was anticipating the worst. He's ecstatic.'' Hours after the ruling, Galofaro donned his skates for Hudson High on Tuesday afternoon, taking part in a practice session. ``This is a critical decision enforcing the civil rights of students with disabilities,'' Julia Landau, a lawyer and special education expert with the Massachusetts Advocacy Center, told the Boston Herald. Roger Dowd, lawyer for the MIAA, said it could be disastrous to let students move from school to school, picking programs they want. Associated Press ---- NEZ'S CYBER MALL SUPPORTS THE DEAF COMMUNITY Nez's Cyber Mall is a fundraiser project that will help support the newly created Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center. This mall has been designed with accessibility in mind. All commissions generated by sales activity within this mall will be used to support the Orange County Deaf Advocacy Center. Nez's Cyber Mall can be found at: Http://www.i-sphere.com/eyedeaf/deafmall.htm ---- Announcement of Open Positions The Hotel Employees and Restaruant Employees International Union, a progressive union committed to organizing the unorganized in the hotel, restaurant and casino industries, is expanding its organizing campaigns and research department. HERE is known for: --excellent training program for both staff and rank and file leaders --creative, non-Board organizing strategies based on direct action and research Current open positions include: COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS-- HERE locals in Oakland and Los Angeles are seeking community organizers to continue building the strong community-labor alliance that has made HERE a leader in fighting for economic justice for low wage immigrant workers, and getting living wage ordinances passed in both cities. Grant writing skills a plus for Oakland job. ORGANIZER OPENINGS-- California -- statewide organizing drive targeting low wage workers in gaming and hotel industry. Organizing hubs are Sacramento, Fresno, San Diego. Connecticut--Foxwoods casino ( employing over 10,000 workers), and a citywide hotel industry drive in western Connecticut. Local Unions also have openings that include both internal and external organziing. Bilingual skills in Spanish and English are highly desirable for many organizing positions. RESEARCHERS-- The HERE Research Department has openings for researchers in various locations including San Fransisco area, Los Angeles, Washington DC , Las Vegas and Boston. Researchers must have investigative research experience and familiarity with basic financial concepts or analysis. All openings are full time and long term. Salary depends on experience (starting entry level salary $21,000) and includes excellent benefit package and mileage. Resarchers apply to: Recruitment, HERE Research Dept. 1219 28th St. NW, Washington DC 20007-3389,Fax (202) 333-6049. Organizers on West Coast apply to Pat lamborn, HERE Recruitment,548 20th St. Oakland,CA 94612, FAX (510) 893-5362 Oraganizers on East Coast apply to Ellen Thomson, HERE Recruitment, P.O. Box 322, Granby CT. 06035, FAX (860) 251-6049 ---- NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION SEEKS STAFF FOR NATIONAL CLEARINGHOUSE ON DISABILITY AND EXCHANGE PROJECT: PUBLICITY COORDINATOR Dynamic and creative person with excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate national media campaign and activities, such as producing feature-length stories, press releases, updating publications and conducting workshop presentations. Full-time with benefits, salary commensurate. Disability and educational exchange experience preferred. Office setting fast-paced. Send cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation to Dept. "P" , MIUSA, PO Box 10767, Eugene, OR 97440. People with disabilities, people from minority backgrounds and others encouraged to apply. Position closes Jan. 1, 1999. No calls or e-mail please. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (2 openings) Person with excellent organization, computer, research and telephone skills to update database and manage information. Half to full-time with benefits, salary commensurate. Disability and educational exchange experience preferred. Office setting fast-paced. Send cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation to Dept. "A." , MIUSA, PO Box 10767, Eugene, OR 97440. People with disabilities, people from minority backgrounds and others encouraged to apply. Position closes Dec. 15, 1998. No calls or e-mail please. ======================================== Carole Patterson, Manager National Clearinghouse on Disability & Exchange Mobility International USA PO Box 10767 Eugene, Oregon 97440 541/343-1284 v/tty 541/343-6812 fax http://www.miusa.org ---- FCC REQUESTS NOMINATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVISORY COUNCIL At the Federal Communications Bar Association and Georgetown University Law Center Seminar "The New FCC: Agenda for the Future," Chairman William E. Kennard announced the Commission's intention to form a Technological Advisory Council. Rapid advances in technology have resulted in innovations in how telecommunications services are provided to, and are accessed by, users of those services. Many such developments have increased the rate of convergence among categories of services traditionally viewed as distinct. The FCC must stay abreast of new developments in technology to effectively fulfill its responsibilities under the Communications Act. The Technological Advisory Committee is being designed as a means by which a diverse array of recognized technical experts selected from a variety of interests such as industry, academia, government, citizens groups, etc., can provide advice to the FCC on innovation in the communications industry. The Technological Advisory Council is being organized as a Federal Advisory Committee under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, Pub.L. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770, as amended Pub.L 94-409, ?5(c), Sept. 13, 1976, 90 Stat 1247; 1977 Reorg.Plan No.1, ? 5F, 42 F.R. 56101, 91 Stat. 1634; Pub.Law 96-523, ? 2, Dec. 12, 1980, 94 Stat. 3040; Pub.L. 97-375, Title II, ? 201(c), Dec. 21, 1982, 96 Stat. 1822. The Council will hold no fewer than 2 meetings each year. The Commission will provide facilities necessary to conduct meetings. Members of the Council will serve without any government compensation, and will not be entitled to travel expenses, per diem or subsistence allowances. The Council will consist of recognized technical experts in telecommunications and related fields and, for private sector companies, members will hold technical executive positions such as chief technology officer or senior technology manager. The Commission will accept nominations for the Council through December 18, 1998. Individuals may apply for, or nominate another individual for, membership on the Council. Each nomination or application must include: a. the name and title of the applicant or nominee and a description of the interest the applicant or nominee will represent; b. the applicant's or nominee's mail address, e-mail address (where available), telephone number, and facsimile number; c. reasons why the applicant or nominee should be appointed to the Council; and d. the basis for determining the applicant or nominee has achieved peer recognition as a technical expert. Nominations and applications should be sent to Steve Kaminer, Office of Engineering and Technology, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, D.C. 20554. For further information, contact Steve Kaminer at skaminer@fcc.gov or 202-418-2924 voice, 202-418-2989 TTY. ---------------------- Letters: DEAF ASL THEATRE CONSULTANT WORKSHOPS SAT., JAN.16 AT 10AM - 4PM: TRANSLATING GLASS MENAGERIE AND MISS SAIGON WITH PAX MC CARTHY SAT., FEB. 20 AT 10 AM - 4PM: TRANSLATING A SHAKESPEARE PLAY WITH JOHN DUNLEAVY $40.00 FOR 2 SESSIONS (BOTH REQUIRED) $10.00 FOR 1.0 CEU/ACET CREDIT FOR APPLICATION : VAL CHING at 617-266-7900 or VCMC@JUNO.COM AGAIN, REMINDER: APPLICATION DEADLINE: DEC 28TH !!!!!!!! HURRY NOW The workshop sessions take place here at Huntington Theatre Company in Boston. And yes, you are correct -- the fees are a follows: $40 to participate, no CEUs OR $50 to participate and get CEUs. Dates are again: January 16 10am - 4pm and February 20, 10am - 4pm. Open to interested Deaf candidates! Just send me your regular mailing address if you wish to receive the application form! Thanks for your interest! Valerie Ching ------------------ BOYCOTT RADIOSHACK My name is Mike Gannon and I live in Fairfax, Virginia. I had a terrible and frightening experience when I visited a RadioShack store near my home. I went to RadioShack to purchase a battery for my hearing aid. I am deaf and can't hear without it. I read lips well. While paying for the battery, I was violently beaten by the RadioShack cashier.I believe that this incident was caused in large part by RadioShack's failure to give ANY training to its sales associates in working with deaf and hard of hearing consumers like me. (For example, since the cashier spoke to me with his back turned, I couldn't read his lips and didn't even know that he was speaking to me.) This lack of training is outrageous given that RadioShack sells various hearing assistance products particularly for deaf and hard of hearing consumers.The failure to provide training and instruction not only discriminates against deaf and hard of hearing consumers by treating them like second class citizens, but it is also a violation of the law, specifically, the American Disabilities Act. On behalf of all your deaf and hard of hearing neighbors, I am asking you not to buy products from RadioShack until this corporation complies with the law! Thank you. BOYCOTT RADIOSHACK Come join us at a protest at the RadioShack store at 8397 Leesburg Pike, Tyson's Corner (Vienna) December 12th at 12:00 Noon ============================================================== DEAF WORKERS OF ORANGE COUNTY Orange County, California Richard Roehm President Internet : Deaf@activist.com Deaf_Workers_OC@usa.net Website Nesmuth@worldnet.att.net Http://www.i-sphere.com/eyedeaf/dwoc.htm =============================================================== Circulation Information Direct Email subscribers : 50 Indirect Email Subscribers : 33 Feel free to redistribute this newsletter in it's entirety and if you are planning to add a mailing list as a subscriber then let me know for my records. Thank you. =============================================================== Deaf Workers of Orange County will continue to aggressively pursue justice, fairness, and equality for the Deaf Community. =============================================================== Education is the best gift that lasts a lifetime! Help someone subscribe to Deaf Workers Weekly Bulletin =============================================================== SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION To be added to the mailing list, send "ADD WORKERS BULLETIN" To be deleted from the mailing list send "DELETE WORKERS BULLETIN" to this address Deaf_Workers_OC@usa.net Mailing lists are never sold/given to anyone. =============================================================== Need to stay on the net? Try DeafWatch's own "Keeping You Connected" page which is packed with graphical links to FREE email providers. ===============================================================