It's Just Me!!

Hi! My name is Debbie DarkFyre. I was born in Jacksonville Fla. on July 9,1954...I was considered a Navy brat...My family traveled all over in my early years..I lives in Virginia, Naples Italy, South Carolina, Connecticut,California, and now live in Michigan.

I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters...My older brother lives in Louisiana, at the moment...after spending the last 10 years in Yokosuka, Japan...I have another brother that lives in Georgia ...and a brother that lives in Chicago,He has retired from Amtrak out of there...My sisters both live in California..One in Orange and the other in Northern California...My Mom also lives in California...My Dad lives in Georgia near to my two brothers...So I guess you could say that my family is scattered all over.

I spent my gradeschool years mostly in Connecticut...moving to California when my Dad retired from the Navy...where I lived for about 20 years...so I kinda consider California my home...

During highschool I sang in all of the school choirs...sang in several of our school musicals ...and my last two years I sang in the top two choirs..Chamber Singers and The Madrigals...we competed and sang out in the community...and generally had great fun...the highlight of my highschool days was getting chosen Most outstanding Saprano my senior year...and getting chosen to be soloist at my commencement ceramony...

I had my daughter in 1977 and in 1978 got married...living in N.Long Beach California...where I started raising my family...in 81' and 83' my sons were born...during that time I was involved with a co-op preschool...acting as the secretary and then the director...later I became a Girl Scout leader for my daughter's troop...taking the girls on various camping trips,excursions and such...we had great fun and I think we all learned alot... I also was involved with soccer as both of my boys were involved in soccer...later in Michigan...I was involved in Ice Hockey and Football with my older son...and Little League with both of my sons...

Since moving to Michigan...I have done several things of moment...first..was I left my husband...so am once again a single lady...the second...I went back to school...have been working towards an accounting degree for the last 5 years...I earned a business degree with an accounting speciality this semester...but will eventually continue on I believe as I am just one class short of getting an accounting degree......I sang with the local chapter of the Sweet Adelines until they disbanded a couple of years ago...for those of you that do not know about this group...they are a group of women that sing barbershop music...and they have chapters all over the world....they were a terrific bunch of women!!!...I do miss them...:(

Well, after finishing all my classes...and searching for a position in my field in this area...I decided to get my certification as a Nurses Aide...I was hired by the local nursing home before I even finished my classes...and now am working full time nights for them...I love the work...it is way hard...but also way rewarding...and the little oldsters are terrific!!!

A pretty terrific Guy has come into my life about 3 years ago...he has asked for my hand in marriage and we were handfasted about 6 months into the relationship and on April 1st of this year we became as one....in a beautiful Medieval ceramony:)We will stay here until my Home is paid off...then we will leave it to the children..and hopefully be able to move to Ireland...which is one of our many dreams....we shall see what life has in store for us....:)

On January 25th, 2004 I became the proud Grandma to Joshua Roland Waisanen. He is a doll..and Mom, Jess and Son are doing wonderfully...even though he was 5 weeks early...Justin, the proud Daddy and my oldest Boy, is wonderful with everything going on. He will be a terrific Daddy...:)

On May 15th after 6 years of being together...and 3 years of marriage the love of my life walked out of our life together...he has found another that he wishes to spend his life with now...I am grief stricken..but am trying my best to carry on with my life...I have recently started taking a course for Medical billing...it is intersting..and will be a good second career when the time comes for that...I have also taken on the role of a Union Steward at the Nursing Home...I have decided it isn't fair to bitch about problems there if I am not willing ot try to fix them..:) this is very challenging and keeps me very busy giving me little time to think about much else these days.

*smiles* well guess that is all about me!! I would love to hear from you!!! :) Hope you have peace in your life and..Good Dreamings....

Hobbies

My Favorite Links

"The Vampire's Laire" Carrie's page (my daughter)
Snow Queen's Garden

Home page

Email: Snowaidene