Listing of Different Techniques

Alrighty, it's been an EXTREMELY LONG time but i've finally got on it. Here are some listings i found for martial arts techniques...i will try and keep adding more but, i think that's pretty much it for now. I will also slowly be adding links for the names that you can click on to go to a more specific page for that certain technique. I'll do my best..please stop by, the more the marrier.

Aikido: a Japanese martial art based on peace and harmony, contains throws and joint locks.

Boxing: a western martial art that relies on punches, focuses on endurance and combinations.

Capoeira: an Afro-Brazillian art that relies heavily on deceptive strikes while standing and on the ground.

Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu: A Brazillian interpretation of Japanese Judo, incorporates judo, jujutsu, and wrestling into a unique and effective ground fighting art.

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu: A "brand name" of Brazillian Jiu-jitsu, from the Gracie clan.

Hapkido: A Korean combination of Aikijujutsu and Tae Kwon Do. Known for its joint locking and kicking techniques.

Karate: A generic term for japanese arts, refers to one of many Japanese or Okinawan fighting systems. Relies almost entirely on focused strikes.

Kenpo Karate: A form of Karate that is "traced" back to China or Japanese monks. Has more circular attacks than most forms of karate, and employs some standup grappling.

Kickboxing: An international art that is based heavely in Western boxing and Japanese karate.
Kuk Sool Wan

Kung Fu: A generic term for chinese arts, most focus on striking, but many incoporate joint locks and throws, along with unorthadox (and illegal in MMA) attacks like clawing, fish-hooking, eye gouging, etc., etc.

Jeet Kune Do: A concept not a true martial art in and of itself, it dictates that the artist is capable of attacking and defending at any range. Usually mixes some combination of kung-fu, Philipino art, kickboxing, and some grappling art.

Jiu-Jitsu: A generic name for Japanese grappling arts. Contains few strikes but extensive joint locks and throws.

Jo Son Do: A modern adaption of Tae Kwon Do.

Judo: A "sport" form of Japanese Jiu-Jitsu. Strikes are removed and it uses more ground fighting than most Jiu-Jitsu styles.

Kapu Kuialua: Hawaiin art consisting mostly to joint locks and strikes.

Luta Livre: A hybrid art of striking (muay thai or capoeria) and grappling (judo or Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu).

Ninjitsu: Japanese art of the ninja, correctly known as taijutsu, uses strikes and joint locks, known for its adaptiveness.

Pancrase: Hybrid wrestling, a "brand name" shoot art, combines submission grappling, with kickboxing strikes.

Pentak Silat: Indonesian art, uses strikes and joint locks.

Pitfighting: A modern brawling "system". It borrows techniques from other styles without having any of its own.

Moo Yea Do:

Muay Thai: A hard style of kickboxing from Thailand, that uses most of the body to strike with, incorporates upperbody grappling with striking to the legs with its signature shin kicks.

Okinawan Karate: The "original" styles of karate came from Okinawa, usually more circular techniques, and known as a "harder" style, in its application of force.

Pakua-Chan: A Chinese internal system that uses, cirlces and arcs to blend with an attacker and strike safely.

Ruas Vale Tudo: A hybrid art of the shoot style, incorporates Muay Thai, Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu,and boxing.

SAFTA:

Sambo: The Russian acronym for self-defense. Is most widely known for the grappling styles used, specializing in lower body submissions.

Savate: A French style of kickboxing, that uses pendular motion and percise body point strikes to incapacitate an opponent.

Shootfighting: A "brand name" shoot art, that incorporates, Freestyle wrestling, Sambo, Judo, Jujustu, Muay Thai, and boxing.

Sumo: A Japanese grappling art that is known for the size, strength, and flexibility of its practicioners.

Tae Kwon Do: A generic term for Korean martial arts. It is the incorporation of several different styles but is known for either its olympic style of point fighting or high flying tournament demonstrations, neither of which are actually an accurate representation of the art as it is practiced for self defense.

Trapfighting: a modern art that sets up opponents to respond to your actions inorder for you to capitalize on their movements.

Tung Kung Kalan:

White Tiger Kenpo: A form of Kenpo Karate that has more of a Chinese influence, using circular strikes and rapid hand strike combinations.

Wing Chun Kung Fu: A style of Southern Chinese kung-fu that specializes in in-fighting, low leg kecks, and protecting your center-line.

Wrestling: A Western art of grappling, that is broken into Freestyle, Greco-Roman, and Folk. Focuses on taking your opponent down to the ground and establishing a dominant and controlling position.