MY DAD IS DYING OF CJD

There are at least two recorded cases of CJD in Rutland County, Vermont. My Dad, William Glyn Williams, is one of them.

My dad is still alive and we have stopped predicting when he will die, as he is continually up and down. He was a hard working lineman for Central vermont Public Service Corporation and his years of hard work is a detriment to him now. He is wasting away and his strength is no friend to him now. It is a very sad day today because my mother put him back in a nursing home today.

Most of the time he is not aware of much but there are windows where he knows who he is and who I am; and he looks confused and sad.

Now that he can no longer communicate ... I am so sad to think what he thinks.. I am so empathetic that I can not even write anymore about this subject.

There is much to document in my fathers disability as there seems to be little information available... even for the health professionals. The CDC is not too concerned and I am too wrapped up in the everyday life of dealing with my fathers illness that I can not give thought to causation or remedial action.
Thanks for listening.
Joel Williams

Back to The Many Faces of CJD