The Many Faces of

Creutzfeldt-Jakob

Disease (CJD)

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) is a horrendous infectious rapidly progressive fatal brain-deteriorating disease for which there is no treatment or cure. One strain, nvCJD, is linked to bovine spongiform encephalopathy (i.e. Mad Cow Disease) in Great Britain. CJD often escapes detection. A common misdiagnosis is Alzheimer's Disease. The personal stories on this website put a face on CJD. The stories are written by teenagers and adults. Most of the stories tell of people who have died of CJD or currently have CJD. These stories describe the symptoms and progression of the disease as well as the problems in getting it correctly diagnosed.

Other stories tell what it is like to receive a notice that the blood products your child received as a baby have been recalled from the market due to the theoretical risk of Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease. While the risk may be theoretical, the anxiety that results from receiving such a notice is very real and changes one's life forever.

Another story that deals with the theoretical risk of blood transmission of CJD is by a USAF Retired serviceman and former blood donor.

Everyone's experience is different so the stories are all different. If you have been personally affected by CJD please consider contributing your story to this website. In the future we also hope to include stories by people who have received medical treatments, such as cadaver-derived growth hormones for short stature, that put them at risk for CJD.

CJD FACT SHEET

Get the facts on the disease - Click on the dot

LATEST CJD NEWS
Coming soon !!

The great humanitarian Albert Schweitzer said, "The
purpose of life is to serve and show compassion and
the will to help others."

Family & CJD Victims Stories:
Submit your story to The Many Faces of CJD by emailing us at [email protected]

Charlie, Always On My Mind UK Blood
Ban Story
My Best Friend JoAnn's Story Why Tom? The Destroyer
Grampa Bob, A Teen's Grief My Memaw,
by Tami
Memaw, by Cheryl Claudia Ann White Harmon God Rest Your Soul, Daddy The Love of My Life is Gone
Through The Eyes of A Child Sonny's Battle 28 Days For Daddy The Killer Who Robbed Me Bill Dean Braddy Painful Memories
Ella Claudine Maxwell Donna Jean
Burgette
Victoria Laruska William Lapp Debbie's Story Nick Sudar
Don's Story Don
Grandchamp
C.J.'s Story Laura's Story My Son's Story, A Recall Story Perry Marlin Wilson
Mary's Story My Sister's
Gifts
A Son's Love Elizabeth's Story Charlie Butcher My Wonderful Mother
Saul Larry Polack Karl Davis
Funchess-
Daddy
My Angel, JD Campbell Tommy's Story of Mary Mother's Ordeal
My Father-by Annette Annella
Chatel's
Ordeal
My Dad Is Dying From CJD Mysterious Death Watch The Killer Monster No Peace of Mind
Blood Withdrawal Story My Dad,
My Hero
Former Blood Donor's Story Anita's Dad Mom's Story Uncle Rudy
Cathy's Grandma Herbert H. Marblehead One Of The Chosen One Of The Chosen-Part 2 Left Behind in 1997 Our Junebug
Rachel's Story Twila's Story Our Dance With Momma My Dad's CJD Story My Dad, My Hero Four Years
12 Weeks To Never

Please share your loved ones information. We now are building a database, the purpose of which is to learn how many victims of CJD in the US. Is it truly one in a million? We believe it is more than one in a million. And the age of the victim now appears to be much younger.

Email [email protected] for a CJD Watch submission form.
This form is used to input data into the CJD Watch Database of
those who have or have died from CJD.

Please join us in our quest for the truth.
Click on the mask button below to submit the information for inclusion in this database:

To view, click on dots:

CJD WATCH DATABASE

Click on this mask to go to CJD Watch

CJD Watch is a sister site to "The Many Faces of CJD"

CJD Watch Main Project. To document the areas where a victim of CJD passed away, where they may have contracted it or lived when the disease was diagnosed is a tremendous project. We need help to make the project effective. Please help us by sending your family victim, friend, acquaintances Victims Profile for inclusion in the CJD Watch - Public Awareness Project.

To our Favorite Links:

Sign Our Guestbook View Our Guestbook

MESSAGE BOARD
Click on Dot

Visitors since September 8, 1998

FastCounter by LinkExchange

Family-Friendly Site
Member Of The Following Web Ring
To surf the Medical Education Web Ring and
Tutoring: Medicine, Psychology, Neurosciences Web Ring
Click This Button/dot:

Much appreciation to Barbara for her years of work on these pages.
And to Ray Clark, for his many hours of helping the reconstruction of them.
Also to all that submit their stories to help others
that will walk the paths we have walked.
Blessings and comfort to all that visit here.
Carmie, Webmaster

Graphics By the Best on the Net:
Bimsan's Web Graphics
Copyright � 1997

Last Updated 10/23/06